I am one stupid idiot.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled a smooth stunt with my sawmill yesterday too. Haven't had time to play with it much and yesterday my wife finally said "use it or lose it" so I decided to cut up some cedar. Darn thing would start but wouldn't keep running. It was cold out and I was blaming that on it not staying running, needed choke and then would still die. Wouldn't even engage the clutch. Then ding ding the lights went on. I had only put a little bit of fuel in it when I 1st got the engine running. Yup, out of fuel. Then after a couple hours of playing around on cedar I decided to cut some steel. Run the blade into the steel log stops AKA blade stops. Few bucks down the tubes but another lesson learned. I also realized that I'm not that keen on running a sawmill. I thought I would like it but nah it's almost like working. I'm going to have to start cutting ash and selling abit to maybe get a little more keen. It was a beautiful day to be in the bush dropping trees so maybe that was my problem?
your just lucky it wasn't an 52" inserted tooth blade! working inside a metal roofed shed, them teeth like to sing wood songs through the roof! besides making you wonder where all the others went you don't see or feel. lost 7 full sets in line from a rail road spike once and a few others 12 total .

Chipper, when I was real young I helped out at a neighbour's blade sawmill. The whole property was a death trap. The planer was wide open, no guarding of any kind. Just Jeff likely knows the owners son. Bernie McGlynn. I also have a buddy who got his face rearraged when he hit a 3 1/2 nail with achainsaw, the chain broke and racked his face.

also have a buddy who got his face rearraged when he hit a 3 1/2 nail with achainsaw, the chain broke and racked his face.
A friend taught me early on to keep my thumb tucked in, and my face away from the saw kerf.
Another friend, and partner at work, took a day off to go to a teenagers funeral. His son and friend cut pulp wood their senior summer. Don't know any particulars, just that the boy got it in the throat.

I'm sure glad I've never made any dumb mistakes. :rolleyes:

So how do you like that Echo top handle? My local dealer tried talking me into buying one.
I just got a 355t with a 14" bar and I'm quite impressed with it. It's my first top handle. I wasn't sure how I'd like a th design in general but after a few minutes, I was hooked. Surely won't be my last.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Husky 55 epa saw. kept oiling my pant leg, Guess it had heard my knee clicking or some thing. I kept think i had not tightened it enough. finally dumb old me bought a new cap that stayed on and stopped oiling my leg.

:D Al

I'm sure glad I've never made any dumb mistakes. :rolleyes:

So how do you like that Echo top handle? My local dealer tried talking me into buying one.

I bought one a few months ago when my MS193T went to the saw hospital. So far it has been a failure. Main problem is the very stupid position of the ignition swithch. Right under the hand hold, amazingly easy to hit it by mistake. another is the dinky little tank. I was shocked at how fast it would run out of gas.

Latest posts

Back