I can't deal with this.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheldon Cooper

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I had my shop broken into last night and they stole my 700 grizzly and an FS 355 clearing saw that was almost brand new. Lucky for me my saws were in my truck and not the shop, I still haven't inventoried all my stuff to see if they stole anything else. I am so pissed right now I can't describe it. Nobody has ever violated me like that before, I really don't know how to deal with it. I had my log splitter hooked to the quad but it was left behind for some reason, they just left it sitting outside the shop.

sorry to hear that sheldon. i know what it's like to have some pos come in to your place and take off with your hard earned tools.
i'm still finding stuff missing after almost 5 years after i had my shop broken into.

POS doesn't describe them well enough i had some ass hole take 6 saws from my collection for drug money but the cops caught them now their in the slammer i hope their warm at night.

Got the saws back that keeps me happy

McBob.

POS doesn't describe them well enough i had some ass hole take 6 saws from my collection for drug money but the cops caught them now their in the slammer i hope their warm at night.

Got the saws back that keeps me happy

McBob.

be happy you had you property returned. and the scumbags were cought. i'm still waiting...

I had my shop broken into last night and they stole my 700 grizzly and an FS 355 clearing saw that was almost brand new. Lucky for me my saws were in my truck and not the shop, I still haven't inventoried all my stuff to see if they stole anything else. I am so pissed right now I can't describe it. Nobody has ever violated me like that before, I really don't know how to deal with it. I had my log splitter hooked to the quad but it was left behind for some reason, they just left it sitting outside the shop.

That happened to me quite a few years back now when they stole my brand new 5hp Honda Walk behind rotary tiller never got it back the cops just asked me if it was insured which it wasn't the cops responce pity really as insurance would have helped ............... nothing was said about the 5 x 7/8 Angus stud bulls turned loose on the highway when the thieves cut my fence to take the rotary hoe.

McBob.

Sorry to hear this. POS scumbags. Have had quite a bit of scrap metal stolen lately. I set up a hunter cam to flash and take a pic. Didn't get a good picture but must have scared the s%%t out of them they haven't been back since.

Sorry to hear this. POS scumbags. Have had quite a bit of scrap metal stolen lately. I set up a hunter cam to flash and take a pic. Didn't get a good picture but must have scared the s%%t out of them they haven't been back since.

should have set it on the infared flash. that way you get a few pics of the culprit.

I was working a gig and saw one of my trucks drive off with one of my trailers attached! My groundie asked, "Who's driving the truck?" I thought he was kidding. The pos thieves ditched the truck a mile away, but they got two saws, a power pruner, ropes, saddles, etc. I never got back anything that was stolen. Yeah, I know that violated feeling. Hope they catch the :censored:holes who hit your place.

I don't want to turn this into a political thread but, I think as the economy gets worse people who never were criminals are joining the ranks of the usual suspects and really making life tough for the rest of us. It pains me deeply when someones tools of the trade are taken, in most cases one cannot just run out and purchase replacements to keep working.

How did you guys deal with the emotional kick in the nuts from the experience? I am so angry I now have little respect for people and if I was able to catch them doing it I would have lost it and probably be in trouble with the law. I would probably be in jail. I can't get it out of my head how it makes me feel. Insurance has my stuff covered but I feel like a woman who was just raped and never had a chance to fight back. It has caused tension in my family now because it wasn't mine to begin with. I feel so ####en violated and I am taking it very personal.

How did you guys deal with the emotional kick in the nuts from the experience? I am so angry I now have little respect for people and if I was able to catch them doing it I would have lost it and probably be in trouble with the law. I would probably be in jail. I can't get it out of my head how it makes me feel. Insurance has my stuff covered but I feel like a woman who was just raped and never had a chance to fight back. It has caused tension in my family now because it wasn't mine to begin with. I feel so ####en violated and I am taking it very personal.

So was all the stuff that was stolen covered by your insurance ?

Sheldon you have the right to be pissed off i was but you have to be patient maybe the law will do its job i suppose i was lucky and got my stuff back after only 2 days
if its work gear it hurts more lost revenue ..... i just hope the ass hole who took my stuff gets rebored in the slammer cause thats where he is

McBob.

I'm very sorry for your losses Sheldon. dont know if you already know this but I believe most states Sheriff's Office recieves a monthly report of all pawned items in that state. Have the detective from the Sheriff's office watch it every month and report back to you with his findings. Hopefully he will do that. I really dont know what else to tell ya other than its prolly a 99% chance it was somebody that you know that ripped ya off......

Cut a finger off at the knuckle every time they get caught. Caught 10 times and they won't be able to pick up their pants let alone someone elses property ever again.

I was working a gig and saw one of my trucks drive off with one of my trailers attached! My groundie asked, "Who's driving the truck?" I thought he was kidding. The pos thieves ditched the truck a mile away, but they got two saws, a power pruner, ropes, saddles, etc. I never got back anything that was stolen. Yeah, I know that violated feeling. Hope they catch the :censored:holes who hit your place.

damn ... thats ballzy....

I know just how you feel. I got robbed twice the first year I lived here. First they got my new pressure washer and a few months later they took some power tools. I got the power tools back after I found them in a pawn shop and threatened to call my FBI friends when the local detective tried to tell me he couldn't do anything because I didn't have serial numbers recorded on the police report. I still ended up having to wait till the thief brought the money back to the pawn shop! Turned out the thief walked along the RR tracks past my place almost every day on his way to town. I caught up with him on the tracks one day and let him know that next time he was in my sight I would shoot him and bury him deep with my Bobcat. If the cops wouldn't put him in jail, I would fix the problem myself. Never did see him again, but did hear that he was busted again over drugs.
One thing the Arabs have right.... Get caught stealing...lose your hand. Just think of the Billions we could save in prison costs!
Rick

Latest posts

Back