i couldn't resist.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you mean the dolamr has an EPA muffler?

I'm as far North and East as you can go in NY, just on the foothills of the adirondaks bro. The crap in the muffler is epa stuff that you should prolly get rid of, lol... If your 372 has a big bore kit and has been worked it's prolly pushing the same hp as the 7900, with a bar 4" shorter and the same hp you'd see a huge difference. As far as the torque goes, sitting side by side a 372 vs. a 7900 stock for stock both with the same bars, it's not even close, there's something wayyyyy wrong there. My buddy had a 372, a 394, and a 395XP. The 7900 was faster than any of them with a 20" bar, with the 24 it slowed it down a little and the 394 and 395 took over. My buddy is die hard husky, even let me run his Walkerized 395XP, man that was fun. But the 7900 will walk all over any 372 out there stock. Tach it, run it, check it out. Where'd you get it dude??? :popcorn: :confused:

i don't like it already.well,i'm not messing with it since i may sell it.if i keep it i'll tear into it.it seems like a nice saw but i was perfectly happy with the 372.the husky feels better in the hand.i used my stock 372 with a 24 today in some 3 foot round white oak and had no problem whatsoever.ripped right through.the dolmar was in the truck but it started raining so i called it quits.maybe tomorrow.

i bought mine in Brooklyn CT.PM me for the dealers info if you want it.

Last edited:
hornett22 Richen the H speed jet up a bit, the 7900 likes to run richer than the huskys. I don't know what your looking to get out of the 7900, all I can tell you is that my stock 7900 out pulls my stock 372 {in the big stuff} by quite a margin.

Sure sounds like this new 7900 is running hitting the limiter. I haven't seen a stock 372 that could stay with a stock 7900 yet when tuned right. Most stock 7900's I have ran almost feel like a mild woods port compared to others saws in the 70cc class.
Woods ported is a different story for the 372 and yes I own both also.

hornet22

Bought my PS7900 from the same shop about 2 weeks ago. Went to buy a 372 and came out with the 7900 after I tried it. I thought the saw had more bottom end torque, kind of like my old beloved 281XP, than the 372. The 7900, or mine anyway, definitely has a different power curve than the newer Huskies I've run.
I've got about 5 tanks through mine so far and it is starting to "wake up" but it still seems to settle in and pull better the mid rpm ranges than at top end rpms. I'm keeping my rakers a little lower to get more bite. I'm running a 20 inch bar on mine.
I'm taking down four big oaks around the house tomorrow so it's going to get a good workout over the next couple of weekends as I get them cleaned up.
Should you decide you it's not the saw for you let me know, I'm only 30 miles away maybe we can work something out.
Good luck

well it isn't broken in yet.

turns out it only had about a half tank from the dealer.i'd let it go now for what i paid for it.or i can wait and see what happens. PM me for a price.

don't get me wrong.

it's a great saw and it's smooth.nice torque too.i just can't justify it over the 372 but i had to try it.i may sell one of the 371s.i have the 372 big bore on ebay already so unless i get what i paid for the dolmar,i'll keep it for now.i'd like to see what happens after 10 tanks or so.

well i used it some more today.

the more i use it the more i like it.unfortunately i'm running out of stuff to cut.

i have a pile ash logs and some cherry logs.will play more with it tomorrow.so far so good.

sold it today.

my buddy has wanted one for some time.saved him a trip and we sold his MS660.he's happy and i'm back to almost all orange.except for the ms 200 and ms 192.

still can't sell the amazingly unpopular ms 441.

Latest posts

Back