i didn't get a new saw yesterday, anyone else?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brown's a'comin

Big brown is due to stop here around 5 with 2 new parts saws to tinker with. Anything to beat the winter doldrums. Besides a customer is looking for a nice small limbing saw for the back yard. just might be in that box.

no new saws this week but I have plenty sitting on the bench waiting for me to work my magic. nothing too interesting on the CL other than a 090 but fella wants 950 clams or so and it isn't pretty in the pic.

Nope, nothing new here. Just messin' with my little red Homies.

Have to wait untill a week from Saturday when a fellow from north of here will bring two Homie XL-12s (runners!) and a dead Pioneer 1200. I'm going nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnutz.

I must not be hitting the reply button on CL fast enough!!! By the time I hit it the saws are all sold!!!! Well tomorrows another day:party:

Nothing here yesterday (or the day before, etc.) but weather was not an issue as it was in the upper 50's. However, I did pick up 1 saw last Wednesday and three last Thursday I will need to post. I expect the Possum clan will like a couple of them.

Well....

And CPR, I had to try :) I dont see how you could go wrong with the ol Big Macs anyways.

Big brown is due to stop here around 5 with 2 new parts saws to tinker with. Anything to beat the winter doldrums. Besides a customer is looking for a nice small limbing saw for the back yard. just might be in that box.

I'll have to check the tracking number, hopefully you like them!! As for me I got another one today, just another little Poulan. Wish I could come across more free huskies or stihls but Ill take what I can get.

well, with all of the new saw threads yesterday, i thought one might mysteriously show up at my door. so i checked UPS tracking all day, raced home and looked at the garage door, checked for phone messages, and asked the wife if Brown brought me something she was hiding. but alas, twasn't to be. did anyone else have a bad day for getting new saws?
on the bright side, i do have a clutch cover coming for a 261/262 conversion, a box of bailey's junk on the way, a 34" NOS Mac bar coming for the 125, and a new 20" sandvic coming for the 123.

Hey atleast you are having better luck than me. I had to sell my saws just so i can keep my truck. I got laid off from work about a month ago. Stuff happens i guess, but on the bright side i have a nos craftsman chainsaw coming to me.

Last edited:
Nothing here yesterday (or the day before, etc.) but weather was not an issue as it was in the upper 50's. However, I did pick up 1 saw last Wednesday and three last Thursday I will need to post. I expect the Possum clan will like a couple of them.

You never know about this gang. The problem is we like to many of um.

[/i didn't get a new saw yesterday, anyone else?QUOTE]

No new saws for me yesterday. I thought about driving to the local Jonsered dealer yesterday after work to buy some used parts. I even call to have her set them aside but had to work OT so I kind of felt empty inside when I got home without any saw stuff.

When I logged on to the computer there was a PM with some photos from a saw builder that my 281xp was back together and running strong. So that made my day.

But I did'nt get any new saws yesterday.

Dolmar 112

Well CAD did jump out and bite me again this week. I was looking for some Remington parts when I came across a BIN 112 Dolmar . It look's pretty rough, but seems to be complete with "scored" piston. :beat-up: I guess it will get here first of the week.
It is the Black and Silver model. Now Iwill just need to find a new piston for it..Will a 114 P&C fit O.K.?

I'll have to check the tracking number, hopefully you like them!! As for me I got another one today, just another little Poulan. Wish I could come across more free huskies or stihls but Ill take what I can get.

Dumb me, I deleted the tracking numbers you gave me but it's no biggy, I'm sure they'll show up soon enough. I've got other work to keep me busy, the last snow installation deposited last night. Once I get that cleared away I can make it out to the shop for some CAD relief. I think I hear the call of the saws now.:drooln:

i didnt get one yesterday , but hit buy it now on a real clean 660 today off ebay ,was gonna build one but for 300 more then i estimated in parts ,got a like new one

Was a week ago, but picked up a nice little 346xp, in great shape. Owner was told by his local shop that it'd be $300 to fix a toasted p/c. Short story shorter, he gave it to me, along with a couple of 18" bars and some used chains. I took the muffler off and the piston didn't look all that bad, so I pulled the cylinder and cleaned it up with a bit of acid, and all I need now is a new piston. Free is my favorite price to pay. It now sits next to my other 346.

Now if someone would make a nice aftermarket BB kit for them, I'd be happier, but I love them anway.

WOo Hoo. Got another David Bradley today. And a Mono and a Pioneer. And a 84" chain. Wish i had a bar that long. Pics coming soon.

UPS is a little slow lately, I guess due to the weather. Received two packages on Jan. 19th, shipped from the Oregon coast on Jan.7th., thats 13 days!!

Hope not !
Today my 346XP is going to UPS to face the long way to Europe.
I will tell you how long it took.

Latest posts

Back