I enjoy my MS440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas72

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got this saw from a saw shop for $75.00 and it needed an entire clutch assembly and clutch side crank seal. I did a compression test and it has 175 PSI which made me happy. I used it a couple of days ago to cut the top of a 3.5' oak tree that I felled with my McCulloch SP125. I could not believe how fast I finished the job because of this Stihl. I would like to find a full rap handle for it, as that would be icing on the cake for this saw. After all said and done I have about $140.00 in the saw, and the fellow I got this saw from has two more 044's and one Husky 394; which I will go back for later.

congrats on the saw, they are great, but the full wrap........i will just never understand them

Me neither. I wonder if people realize the top of the bar can be used to cut too.:biggrinbounce2:

Oh yeah....nice saw!!

wow!!!!

I got this saw from a saw shop for $75.00 and it needed an entire clutch assembly and clutch side crank seal. I did a compression test and it has 175 PSI which made me happy. I used it a couple of days ago to cut the top of a 3.5' oak tree that I felled with my McCulloch SP125. I could not believe how fast I finished the job because of this Stihl. I would like to find a full rap handle for it, as that would be icing on the cake for this saw. After all said and done I have about $140.00 in the saw, and the fellow I got this saw from has two more 044's and one Husky 394; which I will go back for later.

Cool deal,,,,,

Back