I found an endless supply of pallets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked at a feed mill in my younger days and I can't count how many thousands of pallets I have saw through the years. Pine, poplar, oak, even some nice walnut boards. But yes, you will occasionally get some treated 2x4 stringers. Off topic, but I also saw that the largest pallet manufacturer on the east coast has went belly up.
Guys like Nick near me are filling the gap and offer us locals willing to make an appointment free wood. Your loaded with a forklift of free pallet wood already torn down and boxed up on ironically a pallet in 2x3x3 or 3x3x4 boxes. I stashed away all the good pallets for the forklift at the log yard. Stacking wood on them means they become firewood at some point.

I worked for a company that would throw the pallets in a 30 yard dumpster. If you took then out of the dumpster it was considered theft and you would be fired. It made no sense

I worked for a company that would throw the pallets in a 30 yard dumpster. If you took then out of the dumpster it was considered theft and you would be fired. It made no sense
I was told that once till I reminded them they pay by weight. I'm saving the company money by scrounging wood. They let me take what I wanted in the bin.

Latest posts

Back