I got a BR 800 C-E today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now when you get tired of playing around cleaning up a yard with a high-powered blower, fill up that left hand with a handheld blower and use two blowers at once.

If you think that backpack blower is great, see how much better it works to clean out corners and pick up details with two running at the same time. I tell all my guys during fall cleanups: I don't need two guys with two blowers. Get one man on a rake, and one guy use two blowers. Rakes, by the way, are definitely a two handed tool.

Properly done, the guy with the rake can move the bigger piles along with twigs, and the blower guy cleans up details real fast.

Now when you get tired of playing around cleaning up a yard with a high-powered blower, fill up that left hand with a handheld blower.

If you think that backpack blower is great, see how much better it works to clean out corners and pick up details with two running at the same time. I tell all my guys during fall cleanups: I don't need two guys with two blowers. Get one man on a rake, and one guy use two blowers. Rakes, by the way, are definitely a two handed tool.

Properly done, the guy with the rake can move the bigger piles along with twigs, and the blower guy cleans up details real fast.
Or I could buy this accessory and have it shipped from Europe. This is honestly not a bad idea though.

This thing is crazy powerful though. It will be nice because a 2-acre yard will be one of my accounts

1c033c790af947d8bf7fecbee5949896.jpg

on a property of that size, if you are doing any form of leaf cleanup I would get a walk behind Billy Goat blower
Well, the Stihl is more powerful than the smallest billy goat. And the yard is long, not wide. He is old and uses an Ego 21" to mow his yard. It is more like 1.2 acres now that I measured it. But then again, the house is big too.

Well, the Stihl is more powerful than the smallest billy goat. And the yard is long, not wide. He is old and uses an Ego 21" to mow his yard. It is more like 1.2 acres now that I measured it. But then again, the house is big too.
did I say to get the smallest billy goat?

engage brain before purchasing, no dumb area

Or I could buy this accessory and have it shipped from Europe.

That attachment will give you more leverage on your exhaust chute. That might be quite the advantage for a smaller person with some strength or leverage issues. I was referring to one person operating two blower exhausts with two different hands.

Once you try it, you are likely to never go back to a single-blower plan, except for little jobs. Or perhaps jobs where you are getting paid by the hour. Two little BG-85 handheld blowers will outperform your BG-800, and cost a lot less, too.

It's not always about what has the most power. Think about converging forces.

CrossingBeams.gif

That attachment will give you more leverage on your exhaust chute. That might be quite the advantage for a smaller person with some strength or leverage issues. I was referring to one person operating two blower exhausts with two different hands.

Once you try it, you are likely to never go back to a single-blower plan, except for little jobs. Or perhaps jobs where you are getting paid by the hour. Two little BG-85 handheld blowers will outperform your BG-800, and cost a lot less, too.

It's not always about what has the most power. Think about converging forces.

CrossingBeams.gif
I should fix up my old BR600 and run both at one time!

1.2 acres is going to take forever with a back pack blower. My old man already has one, but a vac trailer is the dogs dangalies as far as large property leaf clean up. Hook it up to the mower and drive. Flick a switch to dump it out. I'd never go back to blowers for larger yards, but if I did it wouldn't be anything back mounted or hand held.

Back