I got a BR 800 C-E today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because you've never Maintained a fleet of them. They are junk, wouldn't give one to someone I hated
actually, I have...
run good gas and keep the valves adjusted and they are great, Stihl put millions into designing them and have sold them for what, 10 years or so now?
trust me when I say, Stihl knows more about designing an engine than you do, they wouldnt sell them if they were garbage

1.2 acres is going to take forever with a back pack blower. My old man already has one, but a vac trailer is the dogs dangalies as far as large property leaf clean up. Hook it up to the mower and drive.

Just mow the leaves. Many times. Turn them into mulch and leave scattered upon the earth, returning to the soil from whence they came. We seldom remove leaves from our customers property, and they are all pleased with the results. ...And the reduced labor bills.

If you are really resolved to harvesting the leaves, mow the grass with a circular pattern, discharge chute aimed at the focal point where you want the leaves to end up. In addition to probably being faster than a blower, you will be chewing up the leaves and reducing their volume and speeding up their degradation. Even if you end up wasting time driving around for additional passes keeping the chute pointed in the right direction, you'll save time, especially if you have a somewhat modern hydrostat mower. They back up quickly, and that keeps the chute going in the right direction and cleans up crumbs missed by the preceeding pass.

actually, I have...
run good gas and keep the valves adjusted and they are great, Stihl put millions into designing them and have sold them for what, 10 years or so now?
trust me when I say, Stihl knows more about designing an engine than you do, they wouldnt sell them if they were garbage
Yeah... right. Been working on engines longer then you've been alive, I know a piss pore design when I come across one. They are a classic example of a design in search of a problem, all the issues of a 2 stroke and 4 stroke and none of the advantages. We've had so many issues with them at the township, even running them on moto mix that they switched to running echo trimmers, brush cutters, pole saws and blowers. Have many landscapers that have done rhe same thing. It's not a new trend

If I say some mean things to you, will you get mad at me and ship several my way?
I don't dislike you, why would I give one to you? Lol. The township fleet of garbage stihl stuff was sold on municibid about 2 or 3 years ago. I think other then a few handheld blowers and a pole saw they have completely switched to echo now. Still have stihl saws. Neighbors kid (well he's a bit older then me) run a pretty large landscaping business. I work on his equipment from times to time. He's pretty much steadily been getting away from stihl and going to echo as well. Last time we spoke he had a few backpack blowers and a stihl power broom left to replace. He's mixed echo and husqvarna now. Said whichever brand holds up better he will continue to buy, but for the price he's looking at switching to echo. Won't run any more stihl from the issues he's had. You can only adjust valves and screw around with them for so long till it's time to get something dependable.

Just mow the leaves. Many times. Turn them into mulch and leave scattered upon the earth, returning to the soil from whence they came. We seldom remove leaves from our customers property, and they are all pleased with the results. ...And the reduced labor bills.

If you are really resolved to harvesting the leaves, mow the grass with a circular pattern, discharge chute aimed at the focal point where you want the leaves to end up. In addition to probably being faster than a blower, you will be chewing up the leaves and reducing their volume and speeding up their degradation. Even if you end up wasting time driving around for additional passes keeping the chute pointed in the right direction, you'll save time, especially if you have a somewhat modern hydrostat mower. They back up quickly, and that keeps the chute going in the right direction and cleans up crumbs missed by the preceeding pass.
I just mow them at my place, couldn't care less if the grass dues tbh. Dad is very old school. No sticks or leaves in his yard.

If you want low maintenance and high reliability, buy Maruyama. They don't have any decent chainsaws, though. Their rather pricey blowers have even more air volume than the big Stihl featured in this thread.

https://maruyama-us.com/product/bl9000-gt-ha/
I have sold several brand new, but never heard from the customer again. I guess they are still running without any complaints.

motomix is dog **** no wonder you had problems
Not my choice, when they got their last batch of new brush cutters, the dealer kept blaming the fuel, which was bs. So they started buying moto mix from that dealer and the issues persisted. No hot starts, stalls above idle, no power. Went back and forth quite a few times. Got to the point non of the guys would use them. Sold them after warranty ran out and replaced them. I'm no fan of moto mix, however none of the echos cared about running it and they ares still running them without issue to this day.

If you want low maintenance and high reliability, buy Maruyama. They don't have any decent chainsaws, though. Their rather pricey blowers have even more air volume than the big Stihl featured in this thread.

https://maruyama-us.com/product/bl9000-gt-ha/
Funny how Maruyama base components look like my Echo/RedMax/Zenoah. Little did I know I needed to strap a second one on, because <shazam!> they're loud!

Looks are deceiving. Maruyama makes all their own stuff, but they don't have a strong presence in the USA. In Japan, however, they are a market leader with special attention paid to the lasting quality of their stuff. Their little sprayers are exceptional, and their string trimmers are really tough.

[EDIT]
They do use other manufacturer's carburetors, like Stihl, Echo, and all the rest.

Yep. Motomix, TruFuel, and canned food are doo doo gas. Just a gimmick.
ive had good luck with VP, and terrible luck with any fuel or oil stihl puts their name on, Castrol makes the HP ultra, id expect better from both companies TBH
ill run stihl bar oil because I can get it cheap and bar oil doesnt have the issues fuel does but other than that I dont plan to ever run stihl gas or mix oil in any of my equipment again

even running them on moto mix

motomix is dog **** no wonder you had problems

Yep. Motomix, TruFuel, and canned food are doo doo gas. Just a gimmick.

Now I have no experience whatsoever with this product:
https://www.stihlusa.com/products/oils-lubricants-fuels/premixed-fuel/motomix/
That being said, why is everyone so down on it?

If Stihl is doubling their warranty, I kinda doubt it is bad fuel, and they are just using their 2-cycle oil in it anyway. I am quite sure it is ridiculously expensive, but they also claim it has an extended shelf life of two years.

So educate me!

I don’t know who told you to mention your age at every chance you get, but it’s annoying AF. You should stop. All it does is drive people to think of you as a child You should be striving to be taken seriously, and people don’t generally take children seriously.

Otherwise, keep up the hard work.

ive had good luck with VP, and terrible luck with any fuel or oil stihl puts their name on, Castrol makes the HP ultra, id expect better from both companies TBH
ill run stihl bar oil because I can get it cheap and bar oil doesnt have the issues fuel does but other than that I dont plan to ever run stihl gas or mix oil in any of my equipment again
Omni makes stihl hp and hp ultra in the united states.

I don’t know who told you to mention your age at every chance you get, but it’s annoying AF. You should stop. All it does is drive people to think of you as a child You should be striving to be taken seriously, and people don’t generally take children seriously.

Otherwise, keep up the hard work.
Uhhhh... When did I mention my age? The YouTube title?

Now I have no experience whatsoever with this product:
https://www.stihlusa.com/products/oils-lubricants-fuels/premixed-fuel/motomix/
That being said, why is everyone so down on it?

If Stihl is doubling their warranty, I kinda doubt it is bad fuel, and they are just using their 2-cycle oil in it anyway. I am quite sure it is ridiculously expensive, but they also claim it has an extended shelf life of two years.

So educate me!
well, for 1 the soot issues with HP ultra
2: the gas itself is meh and has bad quality control, when I bought my 881 I bought a 4 gallon case of motomix to 1: double the warranty and 2: have easy to get fresh fuel in each truck which also has the benefit that nobody is using their mix in my saws
well, the dealer took my saw outside, filled it up with motomix and attempted to start as company policy says to do, after almost 15 minutes pulling over a 120CC saw they gave up and put VP in, fired on the first pull

ive ran VP 50:1 in every one of my saws since then, been over a year now and never had a single issue, my 200T sat for 6 months or so and fired on the 3rd pull with it

Back