I hate you guys!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I knew I had a case of CAD going before joining AS, but hanging out here is really a bad idea. I'm perfectly happy with my 2 saws and they do everything I need but happened to be cruising Craigslist yesterday and saw a guy trying to sell his almost brand new 5100S so he can get something bigger. Called the local dealer to check on his price and found out they have them on sale for only $379. I do not need another 50 CC saw!

Or do I? :chainsaw:

Also, I have been avoiding the video thread like the plague but today had a few extra minutes so thought I would just check it out quick.

2 hours later, i came up for air. Fantastic chainsaw ####.

Stop ruining my life!:)

You've got a good pair there, but that's a great deal on the 5100s.
This time of year you might could get decent $ for your 350. Clean it up and trade up ! lol

I am new to this as well. It all started with a innocent choice bid at a local auction. There were 5 old saws there and I got choice bid for $5.00 I said I will take them all. $5.00 each. When I got home I started playing with the Pioneer NU-17. It needed a couple of parts. So what do I do? Surf the web. Then I find this AS site where there are guys that are ate up worse than me. Last weekend I went to another auction. Couldn't help myself. Now I have a Craftsman 3.7PS These old saws are multiplying like rabbits. Finally figured out my goal in life. When they sell my estate I can only hope for 2 sale rings. :dizzy:

I am at 92 saws right now and have decided that I only need 3 saws.
So off to ebay all the rest shall go. Sometimes life makes you look at where you are at and demands change. I know I hit that point.
I am only keeping an Echo 3450 a 5100s and the 394xp all the rest are going and thats just the beginning. The cars, boat, motorcycles, rifles, shotguns absolutly everything is on the block.

the 5100 and 353 are in the same class. i would choose the 5100, but that is not to say the 353 is a bad saw. the 5100 is a step up in power, but nothing earth shattering. if you have an itch for a new saw, sell the 353 and get the 5100 or a 346. or if you want to do something less conventional, sent the 353 off to be ported.

Back