I Have Sinned, but am Saved by the Sea Foam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seafoam = 1/3 alcohol, 1/3 Naptha (Coleman fuel), 1/3 Mineral Spirits (paint thinner/SafetyKleen).
You can look it up on the MSDS.
Mix your own, it's cheaper. Leave out the alcohol if you're trying to solve alcohol-related problems.

If you leave out the alcohol, is it 1:1 mix with Coleman fuel and mineral spirits? I think this is implied, but want to ask. I have assumed before on this kind of stuff and it didn't work out so well.

Sea Foam=Snake Oil=Money wasted.
All I know is ever since I started mixing sea foam in with my dirtbike gas I've never had to clean a carb or had any gas problems with them. Before doing sea foam I would have to clean the carb every now and again.

I'm a retired mechanic. I looked it up 15(?) years ago when looking for a good product for cleaning (like Techron).
Apparently, Mineral Spirits have morphed into "trade secret" "hydrocarbon blend."
The MSDS has changed, probably because people like me wouldn't keep their mouth shut about it.
Yes I remember looking for the info on the alcohol when I would use Sf back in 08. I remember it being 1/3 iso I'm sure it is/was and not methenal. I/3 sounded a bit weak so I would spike my sf with more alcohol. er...um.. conditioner or treatment sounds better. Didn't really have any use for the sf around the saw. Just another cANCER CAUSER. Iso is a must without heated carb though.

Overpriced; yes.

Fancy proprietary blend of unobtaniums; not likely.

Snake-oil; no.

You obviously haven’t tried these products in situations where they work.

Our fuel is filthy these days, and inconsistent. Products like this actually do work to clean and maintain fuel systems.

It’s a crime we have to buy more stuff to supplement our crappy fuels.

Sounds like water to me. That will cut off without warning and if you put the plug back in then the water will remain. The iso in the SF will definitely dissolve the water quite fast if it can run through the system. Never poor off the bottom of the can anyhow.

Sounds like water to me. That will cut off without warning and if you put the plug back in then the water will remain. The iso in the SF will definitely dissolve the water quite fast if it can run through the system. Never poor of the bottom off the can anyhow.
Yep - it's just like that last bit of beer in the bottle. Not good!

I would have just tow started it with an F-250!!!!!!!!!Also use RED ARMOR OIL and kerosene mixed at 32:1...Then remove all paint from the blade it will always start and run gooder + cooler LMAO :chainsaw::happy:

Overpriced; yes.

Fancy proprietary blend of unobtaniums; not likely.

Snake-oil; no.

You obviously haven’t tried these products in situations where they work.

Our fuel is filthy these days, and inconsistent. Products like this actually do work to clean and maintain fuel systems.

It’s a crime we have to buy more stuff to supplement our crappy fuels.

I don’t buy or use them and never had a fuel related issue in my life.

What saw's engine was fixed by the magic Sea Foam? I don't see one mentioned anywhere. I treated some fuel with Sea Foam this past winter to fix a 4-cycle engine that was losing compression. That failed miserably. A senior mechanic told me that mixed fuel for a 2-cycle engine or Heet would have worked just as well.

Nope

It's the new go to when removing trouble spark plugs from the Fords with the issue. Double down on the Sea Foam just before going in to have them removed and they come out no problem. Go in without using it and as usual, they will break due to carbon buildup and that will cost you.

Gotta change mine very soon. I have been putting it off..and using sea foam and stuff..

I also have a can of snake oil ...errr..combustion cleaner...and deep creep..

Hoping I don’t break a plug, or strip a hole in the head.

Back