I made a mistake- here is my confession.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am a recovering Cadist. I had been clean since I think June or July (which is it Mdavlee?) The other day, while looking where I shouldn't have been, I saw something that made me spiral back into the maddness:help: of cad. I talked myself into it using the normal arguements of persuation. I talked myself back out of it. Then back in as I recalled that the user had started a thread back in Feb when they purchased the saw. I read those six pages a hundred times this past week. Then on Friday, I convinced myself that I surely had no need, but that it would be ok to see pictures. So I text the seller and asked if he could send me some. The pictures I received took me all the way to third base- there was no turning back. We made arrangements to meet in Johnson City for the transaction (I had previously offered to go all the way to NC to get it- bc there was no way in hell that package was being delivered to my wife who is a stay at home mom. I took Kari out for dinner and a movie last night and turned my phone on silent for the movie. Came home 2am and set my alarm for 5:30, 5:45, and 6:00am I also pulled the blinds up before climbing in bed. I stared at that street light for what seemed like eternity, I left a TV on and I still fell asleep. 7:20am came and I shot up out of bed- "Oh ####!" Dressed in the truck driving down the road. Texted the seller who was cool about the whole thing. Agreed to meet at 8:30. I did an 2hr drive in an 1hr 10. Ate breakfast waiting for "Paul" to get there. Did the meet and greet and the transaction. Then hauled ass back thru Knoxville to go 1hr and a half drive to Randy's house. I have no pictures to prove that I got the saw, a new case, 24 inch bar and chain, and 20'' bar. All prestine. You'll have to take my word for it. I came home, kissed my wife, offered to watch the kids, handed Kari my credit card to her favorite store and said "go buy something." I hope she spends enough that I dont get in trouble when she figures it out.:hmm3grin2orange:

With the clues above- can anyone guess what Randy's gonna be porting for me.

Yep that's it durand. I knew about it last night. It's a real nice saw with maybe 2 tanks through it. It will match that 2153 nicely. I think it was june when you got the 2153.:D

Yep that's it durand. I knew about it last night. It's a real nice saw with maybe 2 tanks through it. It will match that 2153 nicely. I think it was june when you got the 2153.:D

and fits mid range between 2153 and my ported 2095

I forgot I had the pics stored in my chainsaw family photo album on my Mac.:laugh:

That's just dust and wood fibers. Not a knick, not a scratch. I near wrecked gtting it to Randy's cause I was staring in my rear view mirror looking at it sitting there on the back seat of my truck.

Last edited:
I am a recovering Cadist. I had been clean since I think June or July (which is it Mdavlee?) The other day, while looking where I shouldn't have been, I saw something that made me spiral back into the maddness:help: of cad. I talked myself into it using the normal arguements of persuation. I talked myself back out of it. Then back in as I recalled that the user had started a thread back in Feb when they purchased the saw. I read those six pages a hundred times this past week. Then on Friday, I convinced myself that I surely had no need, but that it would be ok to see pictures. So I text the seller and asked if he could send me some. The pictures I received took me all the way to third base- there was no turning back. We made arrangements to meet in Johnson City for the transaction (I had previously offered to go all the way to NC to get it- bc there was no way in hell that package was being delivered to my wife who is a stay at home mom. I took Kari out for dinner and a movie last night and turned my phone on silent for the movie. Came home 2am and set my alarm for 5:30, 5:45, and 6:00am I also pulled the blinds up before climbing in bed. I stared at that street light for what seemed like eternity, I left a TV on and I still fell asleep. 7:20am came and I shot up out of bed- "Oh ####!" Dressed in the truck driving down the road. Texted the seller who was cool about the whole thing. Agreed to meet at 8:30. I did an 2hr drive in an 1hr 10. Ate breakfast waiting for "Paul" to get there. Did the meet and greet and the transaction. Then hauled ass back thru Knoxville to go 1hr and a half drive to Randy's house. I have no pictures to prove that I got the saw, a new case, 24 inch bar and chain, and 20'' bar. All prestine. You'll have to take my word for it. I came home, kissed my wife, offered to watch the kids, handed Kari my credit card to her favorite store and said "go buy something." I hope she spends enough that I dont get in trouble when she figures it out.:hmm3grin2orange:

With the clues above- can anyone guess what Randy's gonna be porting for me.

Let's see,

You're an admitted addict,

You're voyeurism caused you to secretly re-read someone's thread a hundred times,

You contacted the person on the internet,

You got to third base,

You got up in the middle of the night to meet in another county,

You then brought home a secret package,

Now you're dragging Randy into all this!!

I don't see a problem, you're just persistant - I admire that.

luck,greg

Beautiful saw. Don't feel bad about your wife. I have parts shipped to work so my stay at home wife doesn't ask why I keep getting all these little boxes.

Dang thing looks like a Ferrari.

O.K. I read the confession- where's the mistake? Brother I know what you mean about the prissy mailman showing up with a big old oily box and saying to your wife" My this sure is a heavy box????" Like you was wanted by the FBI for having to many chainsaws or something. And then your wife asking"Who do YOU know in Pennsylvania or Iowa?" Lot's of people. honey, lots of people.:msp_thumbup: Now I use my dad's address and his big mouth almost got me busted. Just for that, he's getting a nearly new PM610 instead of the Homelite 400 he liked so much.Teach him to rat me out.:hmm3grin2orange:

I have searched as well as I know to search, can someone put me onto a thread that details what I need to but for this saw to make it a "West Coast Version" or part #'s if you know them? I know it needs the full wrap, and bigger dawgs, but is there anything else I need to add?

thanks for contributing to my CAD. Im on cloud 9(which at 6'5'' seems attainable)- nothing like a new saw to put some pep in your step!

Back