I made a mistake- here is my confession.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of my packages come right to the front door, and Lisa gets to sign for them:biggrin: She never knows whose they are, lol? She only really care when I tell her I broke one. The answer she hopes for is, "Mine."!

I believe you will really enjoy your new saw. It is one I seriously thought about buying.

yep I thought for sure it would get snatched up. of course, once Paul and I talked he was kind enough to take it down from the classifieds (i think he did that as a good faith measure- but dont know). I was sure someone was gonna beat me to it, so I didnt haggle on price and offered to go all the way to his house which would save on shipping (and keep a delivery from coming to my house)

Last edited:
My wife don't care what I buy, as long as the bills are paid and shes got some dough. I gotta keep some ''she'' money put back though :laugh:.

What area of knoxville you in Bryan?

I'm working in the Clinton hwy, Inskip road, Merchants road area doing some water line replacement for KUB. If ya ever come through there and see anybody working, Its probably us. Stop by, I'd like to meet ya and shoot the breeze for a min....

sounds good. we go to the Cracker Barrel over there on Merchants every weekend so I know exactly where your at.

My wife don't care what I buy, as long as the bills are paid and shes got some dough. I gotta keep some ''she'' money put back though :laugh:.

What area of knoxville you in Bryan?

That's the way Glenda is. I do what i do and pay the bills by doing so. When I first started she was very wary of the sort of money I was spending on tools, saws, and parts. She's over that now. :D

Well, I still havent told her about the saw but I have conspired and come up with how I will justify it. Kari has been going with a friend to the gym for a month every morning b4 I get out of bed. The friend changed her work schedule last week which has eliminated Kari being able to go to the gym in the morning as the girls buddy. Kari has been down in the dump about it and pushing me for her own membership. I'm not a "monthly draft" or payment kinda guy, so I wrote out a check for $1035 to the gym for a one year membership. I know my wife- so I couldnt act like it was important to me but since that is what she wants, I win all the way around.:rock: Now I can march that saw in and set in on the table when Randy is done with it, and I dare her to say a word.:hmm3grin2orange: $700+ woods port= gym membership.

Am I on the right track here? I've mulled this over in my head and it seems fool proof.:msp_confused:

Last edited:
I suppose you're on the right track. A better way would be to just not worry about it. The biggest marriage breaker in the world is to argue over money. I've stopped worrying about money long ago, the bills get paid, we have fun, that's all that matters.

I suppose you're on the right track. A better way would be to just not worry about it. The biggest marriage breaker in the world is to argue over money. I've stopped worrying about money long ago, the bills get paid, we have fun, that's all that matters.

I agree. I've been married 26.5 years and money is just a way to keep score...... :msp_tongue:

Mastermind u have 26 years on me. Lol but I completely agree with u. So would my wife. I'm my mind money is evil. And when I bout a 2172 Saturday the first thing I did was show the wife. I was actually gonna try n surprise her but she was at home hehe. She knows the bills get paid and As long as I tell her she's fine with it. View attachment 256568

sounds good. we go to the Cracker Barrel over there on Merchants every weekend so I know exactly where your at.

I used to live off of that exit, right where Merchants turns into Cedar Lane. There were TWO Waffle Houses and an IHOP on that exit back in the day,LOL not sure if they are still there or not. I sure miss Knoxville. I drove through there this summer and spent some time at the farmers market and driving down memory lane. Place has changed a lot in 9 years. Its fun to here you guys talk about it. I used to lust after saws down at that co-op or whatever its called down town, before I had the dough to by a decent saw.

Mastermind u have 26 years on me. Lol but I completely agree with u. So would my wife. I'm my mind money is evil. And when I bout a 2172 Saturday the first thing I did was show the wife. I was actually gonna try n surprise her but she was at home hehe. She knows the bills get paid and As long as I tell her she's fine with it. View attachment 256568

Yeah, I always tell my wife too, but I always find myself explaining to her why WE need a 95cc chainsaw or a Ruger 10/22 or a new whatever. However, this summer I came home about to explain to her why we needed an old Wheel Horse tractor that I wasn't sure ran, and she wound up telling ME I needed to go get it before I could even make my pitch. It got me all out of rhythm I thought she was messing with me. I started coming up with reasons why we didn't need it! Then I finally got a hold of myself and just went and paid the man.

I used to live off of that exit, right where Merchants turns into Cedar Lane. There were TWO Waffle Houses and an IHOP on that exit back in the day,LOL not sure if they are still there or not. I sure miss Knoxville. I drove through there this summer and spent some time at the farmers market and driving down memory lane. Place has changed a lot in 9 years. Its fun to here you guys talk about it. I used to lust after saws down at that co-op or whatever its called down town, before I had the dough to by a decent saw.

That Co Op closed it's doors and moved out to Ash Highway and went to crap. No power equipt to speak of except for the homeowner Stihls- ladies behind the counter to ring you up. When Craig used to manage the old one, it was a great place to day dream as a teenager. He moved on, Charlotte left (parts) they went out to Blount Lawn and had been out there for several years- but last time I was in there, they were no longer there. I hope to run into them again someday.

I absolutely could not agree with u more. She did the exact same thing to me with a mint allis chalmers garden tractor and tiller. Only when she was telling me to go buy it it was already sold. :(

Back