I made some chain vises

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mike,
What about an adjustable height stand that maybe swivels to marks at 35/30/25 deg...?.

And heres a free t shirt logo...

Saving your saws...one chain at a time !!!!

Custom made chain vices (and stands :msp_biggrin:)

I'd love to....... but how are you going to keep your file angle true to the vise??

BTW. Love the slogan;)

OK boys who wants them?? They are ready to ship. Of 12, 4 are spoken for.
5ute9uqa.jpg

I'm thinking 120.00 on the timberline compatable version.

I'm not trying to gouge the timberline owners but it is 2 more set-up's on the machine. I have decided to make all timberline compatable vises to be roller friendly as well that way I'm not stocking 4 different versions and if you get a roller then your ready to go.

So completely unrelated but still needed a place to post it...

Don't hate me for being a pirate and hijacking mike... :arg:

I was helping clean out the shed of my grandfather on my wifes side and found one of these....

View attachment 313058

The definitely don't take the place of a chain vice but for those that want something quick and easy for sharpening hand saws and clamping chainsaw bars to be dressed (filed/ground)... These things work great! When I set up the new shop I'll have 3-4 vises on one bench including this one, a 6-8in regular, and a small vice for mikes chain vises!

Also mike likes old machinery so I have to ask... how the heck do you keep this one spinning while sharpening an ax????
View attachment 313059

Last edited:
Don't hate me for being a pirate and hijacking mike... :arg:

I was helping clean out the shed of my grandfather on my wifes side and found one of these....

View attachment 313058

The definitely don't take the place of a chain vice but for those that want something quick and easy for sharpening hand saws and clamping chainsaw bars to be dressed (filed/ground)... These things work great! When I set up the new shop I'll have 3-4 vises on one bench including this one, a 6-8in regular, and a small vice for mikes chain vises!

Also mike likes old machinery so I have to ask... how the heck do you keep this one spinning while sharpening an ax????
View attachment 313059

Set your beer down first, crank with one hand and sharpen with the other. :beer:

Set your beer down first, crank with one hand and sharpen with the other. :beer:

I suppose the grind angle doesn't matter much on an ax as long as it's kinda sharp. but are you telling me you can crank this thing fast enough to sharpen and also have the hand strength and dexterity to keep the grind angle even??? I could see being able to control hatchets, chisels, and knives but an ax with a 3ft handle on it seems a bit precarious.

As for my beer... I always set it down... I also have the bottom 1/4 of a koozie to throw over the top so metal shavings don't get in it when I'm running the 511a.

:msp_tongue: :msp_tongue: :msp_tongue: :msp_tongue: :msp_tongue:

Last edited:
this is the one I have been looking for, please put me on the list
how much for the Timberline edition?
Bill

It will be made of steel 4 cutters on top and a full radius on one end and probably come with three handles and one wing nut. I will probably make them available in Timberline HD and roller friendly.

Latest posts

Back