I messed up BADDDDDDDD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not too keen on JD's since around here the local JD dealer is #1 over priced #2 Very far away (around 50 miles)

Well just looked at the efcos on Northerns site and the 64cc is 519.00 and the 51cc is 359.00 not too bad. I guess Im just partial to the husky and dolmar saws.

All right side by side the Dolmar PS-5100 and the Efco 152 are nearly identical in power and price but I am still not sure which one to get :confused: I know Dolmar only has a one year warranty but Amick's store is an hour plus south of here but Efco has a five year warranty but northern is the only store around here I know of that sells them.

All right side by side the Dolmar PS-5100 and the Efco 152 are nearly identical in power and price but I am still not sure which one to get :confused: I know Dolmar only has a one year warranty but Amick's store is an hour plus south of here but Efco has a five year warranty but northern is the only store around here I know of that sells them.

find Dealer's that will let you test cut both saw's and buy the one that you feel most comfortable with. there both good saw's.

there is a rear handle on E Bay right now for your saw (021) The buy it now is 39.99 plus shipping. I would think that would be a better cheaper way to go than a new saw. Just my opinion as you seem a lot smarter than I'am about anything that gets posted ebay item # 3500 269 45 493

Last edited:
I got a bid on one right now if it goes any more than the 26.05 they can have it and I will sell the saw for about $110 since it has new chains and a new bar. I need a new saw anyhow because that 021 is only 35CC with a 16 inch bar and I need something with some more testicular fortitude for the logs I run across that are 36 inches and larger not to mention it will blast through the smaller logs faster.

Doggy why don't you get the saw you have now fixed? The handle housing is no big deal, hell I can change one in 30 minutes or less. The part # for your housing is 1123-790-1003, it costs 79.10 and its not in China, its setting at Mid-Atlantic Stihl, I just checked on Stihl E-sales and yes they have it in stock. I don't know why your dealer told you it had to come from China, one its not made in China and two they are in stock and can be had in a couple of days.

Doggy why don't you get the saw you have now fixed? The handle housing is no big deal, hell I can change one in 30 minutes or less. The part # for your housing is 1123-790-1003, it costs 79.10 and its not in China, its setting at Mid-Atlantic Stihl, I just checked on Stihl E-sales and yes they have it in stock. I don't know why your dealer told you it had to come from China, one its not made in China and two they are in stock and can be had in a couple of days.

Tom its called stirring the pot..........

Tom its called stirring the pot..........

Well if that the case the handle on the broom, just like the saw, got busted,LOL

I replace two or three of those every year. Last one I replaced the guy dropped the saw off a ladder while he was up there trimming with it. Two days later the saw was repaired and heading home with the owner, a 25.00 labor bill plus parts. That handle housing is nothing to replace.

Last edited:
OK lets get this strait 1. When I called Stihl they said the part would be $70+. 2. The carb is what my repair man was talking about being made in China. 3. I am not going to invest more than $50 in repairing my saw since I can sell it for parts and get a newer (or older) saw with a bigger engine and bar combo. Besides the saw is undersized for the job I am doing now which is processing timber for firewood.

OK lets get this strait 1. When I called Stihl they said the part would be $70+. 2. The carb is what my repair man was talking about being made in China. 3. I am not going to invest more than $50 in repairing my saw since I can sell it for parts and get a newer (or older) saw with a bigger engine and bar combo. Besides the saw is undersized for the job I am doing now which is processing timber for firewood.

Fair enuff and thanks for clearing it up. It appeared you was squeezing pennies but if you want a bigger saw I can see your point for not bothering with it. Now quit messing around and getcha self a 361 Stihl for around 600.00 and be done with saw shopping, most anyone will tell you its the best all purpose saw on the market today.

Like I said, you seem a lot smarter than me about anything that gets posted,heck even smarter than anyone else on here. my hat is off to you

Now the carb is what your talking about...

I like the 250 BUT I didn't see what the warranty was for them or the Husky's, theres a small hand full of Chinese parts on the new Stihl.

What happened to the hand full of parts...

Does your 021 have a Zama or Walbro carb??

Like I said, you seem a lot smarter than me about anything that gets posted,heck even smarter than anyone else on here. my hat is off to you

Well I think Doggy would be wiser if he got the 021 fixed. He'd have a nice little limb saw to go along with the bigger saw he wants. Its very hard to have one saw do it all in comfort. Small saw for limbing and bigger saw for blocking is the best way to go.

What I was actually planning on doing was to get two bars and switch them. A hand full of parts is a carb, I am thinking my saw has the better carb since I don't think they started exporting them until after 2002. I do not have my little saw right now since it is in the cab of my truck which is parked at the repair shop. Finally yes I am squeezing pennies (Lincoln told me to quit pinching him so hard) and I want a good saw with a decent warranty I know Stihl and Husky are the best (or most popular) and they have dealers out the :censored:.

What I was actually planning on doing was to get two bars and switch them. A hand full of parts is a carb, I am thinking my saw has the better carb since I don't think they started exporting them until after 2002. I do not have my little saw right now since it is in the cab of my truck which is parked at the repair shop. Finally yes I am squeezing pennies (Lincoln told me to quit pinching him so hard) and I want a good saw with a decent warranty I know Stihl and Husky are the best (or most popular) and they have dealers out the :censored:.

Well money can get tight, no question on that but be wise and stay with the major brands and you won't be sorry...

Back