I messed up BADDDDDDDD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am sold I am going to in a few months get the cash to start selling Efco saws from my home here. I think I will get tons of sales here since I will show them Stihls dirty little secret and publish there warranty terms clearly in large print next to the Efco warranty.

Lets post another Stihl secret, 99.7% of all Stihl produced never need a warranty repair of any kind, top in the entire outdoor power tool industry. That 99.7% is based on units sold verses warranty claims turned in. In the auto industry 85% is considered great and rarely ever reached.

Here's another secret I just learned today. Stihl is by far the most reconized brand name in the entire outdoor power tool industry, meaning no other brand has been accepted in the market like Stilhl has. Efco is is mostly unknown and your gonna try to move them in Virginia, Virginia is Stihl country Doggy, save your money. Last year Stihl spent 47.2 million in advertising, that amount is a small % of sales per Stihl so for Efco to compete with Stihl they better come up with something better than just a warranty, they best find several million buyers real quick.

Thirdy Doggy no warranty is going to cover run over broken handles. I don't understand how your not willing to buy a 79.00 handle housing to fix your saw but are willing to try and compete with Stihl with a almost unknown brand of saw compared to Stihl. All I can say is best of luck to ya but I can assure you the outcome for you and your wallet isn't gonna be pretty.

Lets post another Stihl secret, 99.7% of all Stihl produced never need a warranty repair of any kind, top in the entire outdoor power tool industry. That 99.7% is based on units sold verses warranty claims turned in. In the auto industry 85% is considered great and rarely ever reached.

Here's another secret I just learned today. Stihl is by far the most reconized brand name in the entire outdoor power tool industry, meaning no other brand has been accepted in the market like Stilhl has. Efco is is mostly unknown and your gonna try to move them in Virginia, Virginia is Stihl country Doggy, save your money. Last year Stihl spent 47.2 million in advertising, that amount is a small % of sales per Stihl so for Efco to compete with Stihl they better come up with something better than just a warranty, they best find several million buyers real quick.

Thirdy Doggy no warranty is going to cover run over broken handles. I don't understand how your not willing to buy a 79.00 handle housing to fix your saw but are willing to try and compete with Stihl with a almost unknown brand of saw compared to Stihl. All I can say is best of luck to ya but I can assure you the outcome for you and your wallet isn't gonna be pretty.

Let him set up Tom, then you can beat him down LOL

Let him set up Tom, then you can beat him down LOL

Awww but Mow I'm a nice guy. I'm trying to spare Doggy the agnoy of defeat. There will be ice on the walls of hell before Efco will make a pin needle dent in Stihl sales in Virginia. All the rest conbined have yet to slow Stilhl in Virginia and they've been trying for decades. I admire Dogg's get up and go about selling saws but he would be much better off selling another major brand instead of Efco. If he intends to compete with Stihl he'd be wiser to go with Husky or Dolmar, least those two are well known brands.

;) Small shops with good saws can beat big boys with big shops. Lower over head and inventory combined equals higher profit and sales. Not to mention the personal touch and fast parts delivery if parts were ever needed. Efco is a known brand of saw they just had to legally change there name from Olympik a few years ago because of a lawsuit filed by the international Olympic org. Oh an yes I will be trying to obtain the Dolmar brand saws.

Last edited:
;) Small shops with good saws can beat big boys with big shops. Lower over head and inventory combined equals higher profit and sales. Not to mention the personal touch and fast parts delivery if parts were ever needed. Efco is a known brand of saw they just had to legally change there name from Olympik a few years ago because of a lawsuit filed by the international Olympic org.

Well best of luck to ya and I mean that sincerely. I wish no one bad luck. I've showed you what your up against and if you think you can compete then by all means go gettem tiger. One last thing though I need to correct you on. Efco is known to you because you've been looking into it. Most of the population worldwide, if you say name a chainsaw, they say Stihl. As big E (Elvis) would say, thats the way it is.

Id love to see a good Husky or Dolmar dealer in that area as there is nobody I trust in that area that sells anything other than Stihl. I have to agree with THALL you may want to look very closely before investing a lot of money.

Id love to see a good Husky or Dolmar dealer in that area as there is nobody I trust in that area that sells anything other than Stihl. I have to agree with THALL you may want to look very closely before investing a lot of money.

Thanks JT. Doggy may have felt I was being a smart azz over his idea but I wasn't, I was sincere about it. I feel he'd be wiser to go with Husky or Dolmar if he wants to compete with the slew of Sthil dealers in Virginia, the dayumm place is crawling with them. I just can't see Efco making any strides in Va. Doggy wants to try though so I can't fault him for being a go getter..

;) Small shops with good saws can beat big boys with big shops. Lower over head and inventory combined equals higher profit and sales. Not to mention the personal touch and fast parts delivery if parts were ever needed. Efco is a known brand of saw they just had to legally change there name from Olympik a few years ago because of a lawsuit filed by the international Olympic org. Oh an yes I will be trying to obtain the Dolmar brand saws.

Did you price business insurance?? Are you zoned for a business??

You live in VA...you need to go talk to Tommy Hall lol. He'll fix you right up.

Um, yeah, same state, other side. He's about 200 miles from that old bugger. I suspect he's got a dealer a mite closer than that! :D

'Course, he'll never find one as ornery as Tom, but that's another thread. :cheers:

Last edited:
Awww but Mow I'm a nice guy.

We know that, but you're still funny looking. :cheers:

There will be ice on the walls of hell before Efco will make a pin needle dent in Stihl sales in Virginia.

He doesn't need to make a dent in Stihl sales in Virginia. He just needs to make a profit. He can do that with a tiny fraction of a percent of Sthil sales in Virginia.

Hey, Tom, I gave that Shinny to Josh. No time for a project saw, and didn't see any point in it taking up space. :(

Latest posts

Back