I passed!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BostonBull said:
Just wanted to boast a little. I went down to Northeast Stihls headquarters the last two days and completed and passed their silver school. It may not be that big of a deal and to some of you its a gimmick. I am happy and very pleased with the extra knowledge I have gained.

now onto the big one. VA beach for the Gold school.

Well Done Bull! Go for the Gold, you can do it!

v/r

Mike

BostonBull said:
Just wanted to boast a little. I went down to Northeast Stihls headquarters the last two days and completed and passed their silver school. It may not be that big of a deal and to some of you its a gimmick. I am happy and very pleased with the extra knowledge I have gained.

Excellent mon! :clap: :clap:
Never fear learning, if ya can't, ya can't, if ya don't an' won't, well.............sorry about yer luck. Keep on keepin' on there Boston, wish I was doing the same :bowdown:

:cheers: and congrats!!!

Serge

BostonBull said:

Aww your going to Va Beach to meet Eddie Anderson, the Gold instructor. Your in for a great time and great learning experiance. Eddie is awesome. He'll show you some things you will find quite amazing to say the least.

You will get a tour of the factory too, your gonna love that, trust me.

Hey BB,
Good work! Can you tell us a little about what you learned? No specifics, I'd just like to know what you Stihl dealers study in those classes. Are you learning about running a dealership or saw mechanics or maybe a bit of both?

litefoot said:
Hey BB,
Good work! Can you tell us a little about what you learned? No specifics, I'd just like to know what you Stihl dealers study in those classes. Are you learning about running a dealership or saw mechanics or maybe a bit of both?

There are three courses....basically. Bronze, Silver and Gold. The Bronze touches on every subject, Parts, Repair, Service, Sales, etc etc etc.

The Silver is geared almost exclusively towards Service and repair. We covered Just under 15 chaters of work. Everything from learning the chemical make-up of gasoline to help us better understand, among other things, premature failures of engines.

We leanrned a lot of reapir tips and tricks. Got to take apart our choice of pretty much any product we wnated from the trimers to Br600 blowers, 880, 441, 361, TS 800 Cut-offs etc etc.

It was a great course and I learned a ton. I have a whole new respect for Stihl as a co., and there products.

Learned a bunch of fun facts also

Stihl is the LARGEST plastics manufacturer in the country and one of the largest in the world.

Stihls Oils are ALL Proprietary (sp?) blends. And ONLY sold BY Stihl dealers no rebadging.

The test of the 7 BR600 blowers with different 2 stroke mixes done when the Ultra oil came out. When finished most of the blowers had a 40% leak down rate and wouldnt start again, the one with Ultra oil had a 3%, and not only did it start again, and run, it ran on TEN tanks of straight fuel!

Marco said:
Nice that Stihl offers that. 2 days?? between smoke breaks and instructors getting derailed on stories how much did you really learn that you didn't know? Serious question from my experiance of attending 2 weeks of Honda outboard school and listening to our shortround instructor talk about twin 225's on rubber Coast guard boats with Ma Deuces on them.

Our Instructor stayed righton topic...suprisingly. Not to say we didnt hear some stories but he knew he only had us for 2 days. The first day was 10 hours the second was 9. We definately could have spent a lot more time on each individual model. But we touched on the important facts and oddities of the weird ones. The Gold School is a lot more in depth.

One other tidbit...

Stihl makes all there own trimmer string. It is melted down once, and all by product is used to make the clam shells the chain comes in and the timmer string comes in. Nothing is ever recycled into the mix.

The string you buy at other dealers, and at Home Depot is made by Spectra mostly, yes the fishng line co. Stihls .095 line when compared to Spectras line.

Stihl Tensile trength 110lbs

Spectra 68lbs.

This is due directly o the fact that Stihl only uses virgin polymers and only melts them down once...in VA Beach

BostonBull said:
It was a great course and I learned a ton. I have a whole new respect for Stihl as a co., and there products.

Learned a bunch of fun facts also

Stihl is the LARGEST plastics manufacturer in the country and one of the largest in the world.

Stihls Oils are ALL Proprietary (sp?) blends. And ONLY sold BY Stihl dealers no rebadging.

The test of the 7 BR600 blowers with different 2 stroke mixes done when the Ultra oil came out. When finished most of the blowers had a 40% leak down rate and wouldnt start again, the one with Ultra oil had a 3%, and not only did it start again, and run, it ran on TEN tanks of straight fuel!

I have heard that more than once, that is yet another reason why I prefer Stihl power products. They are a class act. Once again, you lucky dog.:bowdown:

Latest posts

Back