I really want this tree.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
But it's 2 foot across the line. Or anyway the old fence we have been going by. They have 20 acres of woods and haven't cut a thing in 20 years. I called the old witch a couple years ago about cutting in there and she got real snobby and said "we take care of that ourselves". A lot of firewood going to waste. Tons of standing dead red elms. 20151205_092059.jpg20151205_092108.jpg

Looks like it would go their way. Their in their 70's never even go back there. I would even pay them because I would sell most of it. Nice tall, straight, trees easy to split.

you could always sneak over at night with an electric chainsaw....just have a couple batteries for it...lol

then drop it and cover the stump with dirt and leaves.

done!

I'm with Dan. Pull it back onto your property and/or have a polite sit down with the owners.

Also a sit down discussing the tree that fell on your property and potentially having that open up possibilities works well too.

I guess I don't understand .. she owns it , it's her prerogative ,sounds like your just going to try to make profit on it anyways . If I had a big wood lot with standing dead elm I wouldn't want anybody on it cutting or taking my wood either especially with the way people today are sue happy

I guess I don't understand .. she owns it , it's her prerogative ,sounds like your just going to try to make profit on it anyways . If I had a big wood lot with standing dead elm I wouldn't want anybody on it cutting or taking my wood either especially with the way people today are sue happy
I think that's a lot of land owners issue with letting people cut. They are worried about the liability. That's why I pay people. I have a business, and business insurance, and health insurance. I asked my business insurance guy , what happens if I get hurt cutting on someone's property. He said my health insurance would cover it.

That's true. People have wanted to ride their dirtbikes, and 4x4's on my place. They got upset because I refused, but they'd sue me at the drop of a hat if they got injured. Those that cut my fences, and come anyways, ignoring the 'No Trespassing' signs also stole my boat from my stock pond. Neighbors witnessed the theft and told me. Hope they didn't take it to the Arkansas River, it had a big hole in the bottom.

I think that's a lot of land owners issue with letting people cut. They are worried about the liability. That's why I pay people. I have a business, and business insurance, and health insurance. I asked my business insurance guy , what happens if I get hurt cutting on someone's property. He said my health insurance would cover it.
In situations like that where the loggers are legit, we've let two or three company's come in over many years, and let them harvest the timber. The last logger found some black walnut I believe it was, and offered Mom extra if he could have them too. He could have just taken them, and we'd never known any different.

Or get rid of it all together

It sure is weird your elderly neighbors don't want you on their property. It's not like you're the kind of guy that considers taking down their "no tresspassing" sign, and then posts pictures of said private property on the internet without their permission or anything.

Yeah - basic issue is that it's not your tree and you don't have permission. It's a shame that some people don't care for their property (or help out a neighbor) but that's what 'freedom' is all about. The freedom to do what the heck we want with our own property, and we all love the laws that protect what is ours, so I would suggest you all stop encouraging the OP to break the very laws that uphold our freedoms.

OK, lecture over, and let's all hope for a windstorm blowing the right way.

Latest posts

Back