I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
Considering the markup on EBay, There is way too much money in this saw.

Depends if you are planning on running it, or if you have lots of money and like to collect pretty things!

As a working saw, it makes no sense. But if I was rich (I am not) and wanted to collect pretty chainsaws (I don't) I would probably be happy to pay someone $1,200 to find or build saws like that for me to display on my shelves. I could have lots of pretty saws for a fraction of what Jay Leno pays for one of his cars.

Philbert

Warped5

Warped5

WingNut
Depends if you are planning on running it, or if you have lots of money and like to collect pretty things!

As a working saw, it makes no sense. But if I was rich (I am not) and wanted to collect pretty chainsaws (I don't) I would probably be happy to pay someone $1,200 to find or build saws like that for me to display on my shelves. I could have lots of pretty saws for a fraction of what Jay Leno pays for one of his cars.

Philbert

I often tell people that I'd prefer working on late 60s Camaros, but I don't have the coin or the garage space for that.

Yup, for a fraction of what one of those cars would cost, I can have a bunch of running saws in far less space. :clap:

BTW, there have been a BUNCH of really clean Homelites in the last couple months on eBay.

Last edited:
watsonr

watsonr

Addicted to ArboristSite
I often tell people that I'd prefer working on late 60s Camaros, but I don't have the coin or the garage space for that.

Yup, for a fraction of what one of those cars would cost, I can have a bunch of running saws in far less space. :clap:

BTW, there have been a BUNCH of really clean Homelites in the last couple months on eBay.

Not everybody likes old Homelite's.... hint hint..

Jon1212

Jon1212

Riff Raff Fart Knocker from other Forum's.
McCulloch 28" chainsaw

McCulloch Timber Bear chainsaw 28" bar and chain + 20" bar and chain , runs & cuts , just don't need this big of a saw any more $200 OBO

I wonder how it performs in the "hard cut"?..........LOL!!!

I would feel the same way... I prefer lighter saw with more displacement. What do you think that weighs with a 28" bar? 40lbs...lol

Hey, at least the seller left himself some wiggle room on the price........:dizzy: This ought to help boost pricing on McCinderblocks throughout Ohio.

eat a peach

eat a peach

ArboristSite Operative
sugihara bars

Hey guys ,I found something on e-bay that I would be interested in but don't know how to tell what saws they fit. They are sugihara bars and
I can't figure out the lettering on them. The seller does Not seem to be saw savy at all. Can anyone help?
The #s are UA1 OSJ 585O CE 0086 0800 .325
UD12 5850 0087 0400 HARD TIP
P112 5850 0085 0300 HARD TIP
DO12 5849 0090 0400 HARD TIP

THANKS

dboyd351

dboyd351

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Hey guys ,I found something on e-bay that I would be interested in but don't know how to tell what saws they fit. They are sugihara bars and
I can't figure out the lettering on them. The seller does Not seem to be saw savy at all. Can anyone help?
The #s are UA1 OSJ 585O CE 0086 0800 .325
UD12 5850 0087 0400 HARD TIP
P112 5850 0085 0300 HARD TIP
DO12 5849 0090 0400 HARD TIP

THANKS

I've got no idea, but maybe there is a Sugihara website you could look them up on?

Latest posts