I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have been watching ebay for months now hoping i might luck up and find a project saw. i think there are some instances where a non running saw will actually bring as much as a running saw of the same age and model would bring.

I found this Poulan Pro 415 on craigslist for $150:

View attachment 119481

View attachment 119482

View attachment 119483

These are the actual Craigslist pictures, not my own. It has a 24" bar and 3 chisel chains. The guy was the original owner and had the original bill of sale (he paid $480 for it discounted from $595 retail).

I don't need any more saws, but it was just too nice to pass up. I put it up on ebay that same night and sold it for $329.00 in about 2 hours. I got lazy and even used the same pics for my ebay listing.

Jimbo

How can you be sure this is a real Brazilian 066?

I realy wish i saw this one before christmas

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stihl-066-Brazi...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c52620302

Item number: 190360716034

I realy wish i could bid on it:cry:

True Brazilian or not, that is one **ll of a saw. Find a way to get it if need be, another one that clean may be a long time coming. I am a Husky guy per say, but I had a Stihl 046 for a while this summer and that thing had some major berries.

Key stock in the cylinder !?!?! I would have raised hell! I would have wrote the area manager for sure!

Too bad there's no aftermarket cylinder for that saw either. There's one on CL right in my neighborhood asking $150 with a bad cylinder/piston from dry gas. I've already talked him down to $100, but with the cylinder so high from Stihl. it's still not worth the bother, IMHO.

Jimbo

Can one of you tell me about this saw? I didn't bid on it but probably should have. Add says its a 035 but looks like my 038. I couldn't find a 035 on Acres site or I would have bid a few times. I can't read top Tag but can see Mag sticker.

035? Link

QUOTE=wigglesworth;1917487]At least he is honest. Most would never admit to it being a frankensaw.[/QUOTE]

True! It will be interesting to see how much it actually brings though.

Can one of you tell me about this saw? I didn't bid on it but probably should have. Add says its a 035 but looks like my 038. I couldn't find a 035 on Acres site or I would have bid a few times. I can't read top Tag but can see Mag sticker.

035? Link

Yep. 038 mag. That one had been rode "HARD". Went pretty high considering the condition. Probably good you didn't bid.

Anyone have an 044 carcass that needs a rebuild? Also would be interested in a 357/359/371/2. Also would be interested in a makita 6401, stihl 034/036/038

Basically want a newer 60-70cc saw that can be a good work saw.

Oops this was supposed to be in swap meet! Posting it there now.

Last edited:
Somebody grab this Clist 028 Super steal

If it's on the up and up, could be as simple as adjusting L or idle screw. For $75, even if it needs more than that, it's a dang fine deal! I can't cash in on it right now, much as I'd like. Wish it would have popped up a couple days ago when I was in Mpls for Christmas with a lot of money burning a hole in my pocket.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/tls/1526055021.html

Back