I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a look at his feedback and items he has sold. That is how he is avoiding eBay's fees. $1 for the item and $271 for shipping/handling.

Can't believe that many buyers have let him get away with that.
they won't get away with it when ebay sees it...

Ebay will probably end up with some new rule that hurts the good sellers because of guys like this. Then they'll say it's for our own good.

That rule already exists and this guy is obviously in violation. On each listing page is s "Report Item" link just to turn in jokers like this guy. Go ahead and do it; he deserves it.

Jim

That rule already exists and this guy is obviously in violation. On each listing page is s "Report Item" link just to turn in jokers like this guy. Go ahead and do it; he deserves it.

Jim

"Thank you for taking the time to report this listing for violation of
our Excessive Shipping Charges policy.

We are working hard to combat the practice of excessive shipping charges
on eBay and very much appreciate your help in identifying sellers who
you believe are charging excessively for shipping. Please continue to
report these types of listings to us. We can only clean up this problem
by working together.

Regards,

The eBay Community Watch Team"

Ebay will probably end up with some new rule that hurts the good sellers because of guys like this. Then they'll say it's for our own good.
help us by reporting fools like that...

Jim
I've clicked it a few times tonight already..........lol.....

At what point does flea bay start to consider shipping charges "excessive"?
I am amazed, and not in a good way, at what some sellers charge for shipping. Seems there are a lot out there who are not shy at all about charging a small fortune for shipping. I did have one seller get over on UPS. I had "won" a set of skidding tongs which weighed a good bit. I noticed on the seller's self-generated UPS shipping label that the box weighed 5 lbs......

At what point does flea bay start to consider shipping charges "excessive"?
I am amazed, and not in a good way, at what some sellers charge for shipping. Seems there are a lot out there who are not shy at all about charging a small fortune for shipping. I did have one seller get over on UPS. I had "won" a set of skidding tongs which weighed a good bit. I noticed on the seller's self-generated UPS shipping label that the box weighed 5 lbs......
ups man told me once that as long as a worker didn't pick the package up to scan and weigh it then you would get away with stuff like that......

Good luck to both of us!
It seems that I often do not get replies to e-mails on Craigslist, yet the ad will either still be up or reappear.

Yep I know what you mean a lot of people dont respond to emails, good luck to you to. I mainly want to get it just for the homies.

I emailed the guy ... suggested his handling was excessive... he snapped back with "whats your total price" I told him back then why dont you just have a BIN price.. he replied " I do, BIN + Handling + shipping " then I wrote back that he is circumventing ebay fees and I would also not get the full value of the ebay bucks for the purchase... and that I would be interested in it but he knew what he could do with the handling fee" he responded with.. " then make an offer and we both can win" ... there I doubt there is no way I can submit an offer while taking out the handling fee....

By the way his handling fee was $300

The shipping charges include handling. A reasonable amount of handling charges are permissible. This includes packaging, trips to post office and other incidentals. I just meant in a previous post, that ebay will probably someday dictate what shipping must be, and to small sellers like me, it means we'll lose money on the shipping. One thing I don't want to get involved in is selling a chainsaw, or anything else on ebay for the starting price and losing more money on the shipping also.

I emailed the guy ... suggested his handling was excessive... he snapped back with "whats your total price" I told him back then why dont you just have a BIN price.. he replied " I do, BIN + Handling + shipping " then I wrote back that he is circumventing ebay fees and I would also not get the full value of the ebay bucks for the purchase... and that I would be interested in it but he knew what he could do with the handling fee" he responded with.. " then make an offer and we both can win" ... there I doubt there is no way I can submit an offer while taking out the handling fee....

By the way his handling fee was $300

someone should write the guy and say he will pick it up, no shipping and handling charges then!! if i lived close enough i would do it!! that would be funny as heck, buy it for 60, show up on the guys doorstep to pick it up that afternoon!!

The shipping charges include handling. A reasonable amount of handling charges are permissible. This includes packaging, trips to post office and other incidentals. I just meant in a previous post, that ebay will probably someday dictate what shipping must be, and to small sellers like me, it means we'll lose money on the shipping. One thing I don't want to get involved in is selling a chainsaw, or anything else on ebay for the starting price and losing more money on the shipping also.

I sold on ebay for awhile.. shipped everything priority mail... had a couple send has a couple over pay me a little... I refunded the difference with cash ( $1.20 was the highest) in the item... they were more than pleased... I wrote and told them about it too... most said dont worry about it.. but I refunded anyway. but all the new rules got to be a pain...

Latest posts

Back