I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw ... and scored it on CL

Here is my latest CL find -- an 034 Stihl. This was posted as running, but the oiler did not work -- $20. According to the seller he called me because I included my phone number out of 20+ emails. Who cares -- I loaded the kids in the van popped in a DVD and went for a ride. He started it up it ran, but could not keep it running.

Not sure what county extension summer intern sprayed it green, but maybe that will have preserved the plastics. Not sure if this would qualify as a Snellerized diamond in the rough, but I suppose if I could get the paint off it may clean-up nicely.

Did I read somewhere here on AS that I can put an 036 jug and piston on this same crankcase?

I will post an update.

I just bought 2 complete Partner K-700 concrete saws on craigslist. They were listed as having spark but didn't run. I paid $30 yes $30 for both of them. I took them to my friend that works on my stuff. He cleaned the air filters and adjusted the carbs. Both start right up and run great now. I'm going to sell one and keep the other for myself. So $30 for 2 running 14" concrete saws.

Scott

I just bought 2 complete Partner K-700 concrete saws on craigslist. They were listed as having spark but didn't run. I paid $30 yes $30 for both of them. I took them to my friend that works on my stuff. He cleaned the air filters and adjusted the carbs. Both start right up and run great now. I'm going to sell one and keep the other for myself. So $30 for 2 running 14" concrete saws.

Scott

I'll give you $30 for one.:greenchainsaw:

Here is my latest CL find -- an 034 Stihl. This was posted as running, but the oiler did not work -- $20. According to the seller he called me because I included my phone number out of 20+ emails. Who cares -- I loaded the kids in the van popped in a DVD and went for a ride. He started it up it ran, but could not keep it running.

Not sure what county extension summer intern sprayed it green, but maybe that will have preserved the plastics. Not sure if this would qualify as a Snellerized diamond in the rough, but I suppose if I could get the paint off it may clean-up nicely.

Did I read somewhere here on AS that I can put an 036 jug and piston on this same crankcase?

I will post an update.

Just curious what listing did you find this on? I'm from S/E Michigan also and I never seen this one.

Just curious what listing did you find this on? I'm from S/E Michigan also and I never seen this one.

It was posted in Metro Detroit -- he was in Westland. It was labelled as a Stihl with 18" bar and a rather small picture. He did not include the model number and from the picture I was thinking more an 026 with the flat top profile.

I was shocked he called me. He posted it Sunday at 3:30 and I did not see it and respond until nearly 11:00 -- so he must have been peppered with emails. I am just running through my schedule to know when I can get outside and really give it a good going over to see what needs to be done.

Wow...

I guess somebody really wanted this new MS440 powerhead.....

attachment.php

mac 10-10

Just saw this what you guys think?
email this posting to a friend boston craigslist > northwest/merrimack > general
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
Chainsaw McCulloch - $75 (dracut)
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-22, 7:52PM EDT

For sale is a MCCULLOCH PRO 10 10 CHAIN saw. It is in great running order, It needs a chain it a sharpening. please email me or call 978-683-2239 for more info

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1087206287

* Copyright © 2009 craigslist, inc.
* terms of use
* privacy policy
* feedback forum

Stihl 015 av

http://elmira.craigslist.org/for/1090006028.html

Just a guess but this seems too high. I really really really want a nice top handle, but I can wait as long as necessary to get a good deal on a nice one.

That is expensive. I sold a white body with orange cover about a month ago for $100 that was much cleaner. There is also one here in the Detroit area for sale for $75 that given its condition I would not pay more than $40 -- but that is just me. http://detroit.craigslist.org/tls/1088911361.html

That is expensive. I sold a white body with orange cover about a month ago for $100 that was much cleaner. There is also one here in the Detroit area for sale for $75 that given its condition I would not pay more than $40 -- but that is just me. http://detroit.craigslist.org/tls/1088911361.html

It seemed to me the guy would be lucky to get $75, especially around here. Are those 015 av's good saws? Rings are easy enough to put in just in case I could talk the dude down. There's an 011 at my dealer for pretty reasonable, I keep thinking about it but everybody on here rags on em so bad I haven't bought it yet.

It seemed to me the guy would be lucky to get $75, especially around here. Are those 015 av's good saws? Rings are easy enough to put in just in case I could talk the dude down. There's an 011 at my dealer for pretty reasonable, I keep thinking about it but everybody on here rags on em so bad I haven't bought it yet.

I bought it with the sole purpose to fix and re-sell, which I did. I did use a couple times for testing purposes, but not much more than that. I found it to be heavy and lacking much power. I do not have a need for an arborist saw, so I cannot help in the neccessity department. Good luck.

I wouldn't bother with the 015's for real work. I've had a few to play with but between their weight, lack of chainbrake and lack of power, it's not worth the hassle. They are also not all that easy to work on compared to more recent models because of the one piece metal housing.
As far as the 011, i've worked on one but never thought of keeping it. It seemed wimpy even compared to my cheap echo 3000 top handle (which i like alot).

Back