I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$2500 for 090

Okay, which one of you is the high bidder on this 090? Way, way more than I paid for mine which makes me feel pretty good. Of course mine isn't totally rebuilt with 1200 worth on new parts...Carl

if you are talking about the one on ebay, it did not sell for almost 2k. it is now relisted and i bet it doesn't go for as much the second time around.
from some discussions i have seen around here, if it sold for what they wanted, there would be lots of people that would quit their day job and restore saws for a living.

if you are talking about the one on ebay, it did not sell for almost 2k. it is now relisted and i bet it doesn't go for as much the second time around.
from some discussions i have seen around here, if it sold for what they wanted, there would be lots of people that would quit their day job and restore saws for a living.

That's the one and if you go to this link you'll see that it is already at $2500.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%252BP%252BIA%252BI%252BIA%26itu%3DIA%252BUCI%252BUA%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D41&item=140310069055&refwidgettype=osi_widget&itemcount=4&sspagename=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refitem=140308545735&viewitem=&salenotsupported

So who's quitting their day job? LOL

...Carl

something doesn't look right with that bidding. a "new" member took the bidding from $1k to $2.5K without bid from anyone else. i think someone is pimping their own saw.

Yep. Something fishy going on there. And with 5 days to go too! Upping the bid from $1000 to $2500 all by yourself doesn't make sense. A bit dodgey too when the seller mentioned "$2500" in the description for the same model saw in poorer condition being sold prior.

They look like they've done an awesome job on the restoration though.

Last edited:
something doesn't look right with that bidding. a "new" member took the bidding from $1k to $2.5K without bid from anyone else. i think someone is pimping their own saw.

The high bidder didn't do it alone, automatic bids are not shown. The second-highest bidder (the one with 30 transactions) entered a max bid of nearly $2500; the current high bidder bid repeatedly until he had the highest bid. Zero transactions, too -- whether it's a shill or real buyer it's a rookie move to go so high so early. Could be a buyer who wants the saw and doesn't care what he pays, or could be a seller who doesn't want to sell for less than $2500 but can't be arsed to be up front about it. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Jack

Stihl 441

I found this on the Minneapolis, Mn CL

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/grd/1092270098.html

Stihl MS441 18/20" bar - PRICE REDUCED - $550 (Stacy)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-25, 8:34PM CDT

Stihl MS441 chainsaw for sale. I have cut about 10 full cords of wood with this saw.

I run 72 dl / 3/8" .050 chains on the bar.

If you need it, I also have an extra brand new gallon of bar oil I'll put in on the deal as well.

I also have multiple sized oak logs you can try the saw on as well.

651-248-9728. Also for this saw, I have extra used, sharpened chains that I'll sell for $10 each. keywords: stihl husqvarna echo chainsaw poulan jonsered

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

automatic bids do show when a higher bid is received. when the previous high bid is exceeded, either manually or by an auto bid, the previous bid is shown along with the new bid.

True, you can select to show auto bids. Which I did, and what showed was unexpected. Where I expected to see auto bids from i***n between $1000 and $2500 there were none. I didn't think it was possible to outbid yourself, I thought your maximum would increase but the proxy bids wouldn't kick in unless someone else bid against you. It does look suspicious for a buyer to voluntarily agree to pay $1500 more without competition with 5 days to go. Which makes me wonder if there's something I don't know about how ebay displays the bids or if somebody could really be that unaware. Whoops, just ran out of curiosity, this is clearly somebody else's problem.

Jack

I've seen shill bidding before.....been a victim of it.

f***t (0) is quite frankly shilling the hell out of this listing-zero bid history guys coming out of nowhere dinking it up into the stratosphere....

for the record,one of the 1,048 reasons I hate fleabay.

I took a close look at the bidding as well and it looks like the high bidder might have been testing to see where the reserve was which isn't what I'd expect from a shill. He/she went up in various amounts until reaching reserve. All symptoms of a new buyer but possibly a shill since it is so early in the bidding.

I do know if I was the seller I'd be leery of a bidder with 0 rating. Most sellers of high end property won't even allow individuals with 0 to bid, without making contact in advance, because they are quite often false/no pay bids.

Only time will tell but I don't expect another bidder to go above the reserve.

:givebeer: No on second thought it is too early for beer...Give me coffee..Carl

I'd have to have a lot of extra toy money before I buy any saw for 2500. Even then you know what kind of target rifle I could get for 2500.

I have been in contact with them and they are expecting big money from this one, over 3000. for sure. They have enough guy`s involved in its build and on staff to pad the bidding up and if it does not reach a high enough level the saw will remain with them anyway. They know what their saws have sold for previously and what they are going for on eBay, they know about the NOS one sold in Ontario a month ago for around 3000. . If they can generate enough hype about it they just might top 3000. but it may be by their their own guys.
Pioneerguy600

The high bidder didn't do it alone, automatic bids are not shown. The second-highest bidder (the one with 30 transactions) entered a max bid of nearly $2500; the current high bidder bid repeatedly until he had the highest bid. Zero transactions, too -- whether it's a shill or real buyer it's a rookie move to go so high so early. Could be a buyer who wants the saw and doesn't care what he pays, or could be a seller who doesn't want to sell for less than $2500 but can't be arsed to be up front about it. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Jack

The bidding looks alright to me,but yes it's early in the auction to be that high, the seller has 100% feedback rating.

When i look to bid on something, i don't care who bid, i just know what i'm willing to pay and thats it.

Latest posts

Back