I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Powdermadd from SF. I have some sweet vids of my sled tailwalking in the beginning of march, but I can't get it off my camera onto my computer.

One more...

If it's "Brand New", why doesn't it have a "Farm Boss" bar on it?!? Don't they all come that way? Maybe if you opt for a 20", they just put a standard label Stihl bar on it.

I just sent him an e-mail asking why his buy it now is more than I can go to the dealer and buy one for.

$370.00 w/ 18" bar w/chain... Out the door. Here anyway... That doesn't include the freebies I'm sure the dealer would give out.

If it's "Brand New", why doesn't it have a "Farm Boss" bar on it?!? Don't they all come that way? Maybe if you opt for a 20", they just put a standard label Stihl bar on it.

not all of them come with a farm boss bar. Dealer can pretty much put onanyone they want.

The price on ebay is skewed so much on some saws you could buy one for full msrp run it for 6 months, keep it in good shape, then toss it on ebay and get your money back.

Very intersting lie

So I was looking at the 088's for more parts... Never have enough, and I came across this little tale. I think it's a total sham, and the guy couldn't get his saw running after he built a fake 090 out of the kit... Here it is though, the fake 090 built from the kit, first one I have seen on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/stihl-088-075_W0QQitemZ160324582666

Jason

I saw that too,.. can you explain some more about the kit?

For a little while Baileys was selling the 090 as a kit that you could buy. I don't know if any sold in kit form, but you could and still can buy every component to build your very own 090 from their catalog. It is aftermarket stuff, but Baileys sends their stuff all over the world, and is starting to make more aftermarket parts for the 038/090/70/066 line, and more...

So technically, you can buy a kit and build your own 090, although it is aftermarket... And that is what this auction appears to be. There is a lot of discussion on here about these, and when they were coming out there was even more talk. I guess it was about 1 1/2 years ago now.

Jason

Latest posts

Back