I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt. ebay and paypal are cleaning up.
The shipping handling loophole was a little to obvious though, with people selling a $50 item for .99 but with $49 s/h.

You would have hoped they could have come up with a better option though, after all, shipping on a saw to Europe is over $150........

Europe will just suffer from getting decent (USA) saw deals... no more MS390's selling for $510... :cry:

ON the low price, but high shipping, they should be PENALIZING THOSE SELLERS... not the whole community.

Just makes me dislike Ebay MORE AND MORE. I remember WELL what it was like over 10 yrs ago... disappointing, really..

Food for thought:

-pick a recent auction (anything)

-look at the item #

-they've gone in sequential order FOREVER...

-YOU do the math mind boggling, really...

J

Madrone

It SHOULD have read:

"starting April 19, to encourage sellers to keep our profits high, the Final Value Fee will be applied to the total amount of the sale--including shipping."

:rolleyes:
Honesty like that doesn't exist much in the business world, huh?

The way I think most sellers will deal with the hit is to raise the handling fee more to compensate.

yep, which, because it is figured on a percentage, will raise their revenue stream.

Right....

bbbbbuuuutttt.... us LITTLE guys are the ones getting KILLED... not those that are factoring in what it does to cushion the 'revenue stream' ...

and I haven't sold on ebay in FOREVER... used to ALOT...

J

Stolen Saws in Norfolk VA

crazedlist.org : search craigslist like a madman

1 stihl 650 chainsaw in excellent shape about 2 months old, 1 stihl 362 chainsaw in excellent shape as well about 2 months old, and 1 husqavarna 272 chainsaw that was stolen from norfolk va and willing to give 200 dollars cash to the 1 that brings them back and or gives me a lead to the finding of my saws.

all the time :agree2:

why don't more of us use this site for classifieds ????? I've posted here several times without one response before the item sold on ebay or CL within 24 to 48 hours. there are about two postings per day on AS classifieds for one of the most visited and knowledgeable forums on the topic of chainsaws... and there are no charges to use it....

your guess is as good as mine.and it is hard telling why they don't use the site to sell stuff.but on E-Bay they seem to be more suckers what everyone says on there lol.

088 Magnum

There is an 088 Magnum for $1000 on NW Georgia Craigslist. It just came through on my phone so I don't have the link. (Work computer blocks Craigslist).

Looks clean, but it is from an estate sale, so the history is unknown.

your guess is as good as mine.and it is hard telling why they don't use the site to sell stuff.but on E-Bay they seem to be more suckers what everyone says on there lol.

As Brad and others have mentioned, everyone on here is 'looking for a project, or deal...'

Basically, if you want to sell it for market value, don't bother...

I've had good luck selling things locally, too....

I'll usually start there, before turning to Ebay.

Yikes! Forgot all about the PP fees! As a seller I just may go back to waiting for money orders and cashier's checks .... or start using Craigslist as my 'A' plan! :msp_scared:

Craigslist is owned by eBay don't forget. I see a fee for using it in the future. When they start with that, I'll be using garden shopper and other free venues for sales.

E-bay discriminates against the sellers.

What I do is add in more to cover the fees. I see a lot of sellers saying there will be an x % fee added to the sale, sort of like a buyers premium. I haven't sold anything on eBay in about 5 years because of the switch to having to use paypal. Already been to court twice over paypal, don't ever intend on going again. I don't use it, nor will I accept it as payment for goods or services.:angry:

Craigslist is owned by eBay don't forget. I see a fee for using it in the future. When they start with that, I'll be using garden shopper and other free venues for sales.

I FORGOT about that!!! so messed up. I'm not sure WHY they own it... I dunno if there's a vested interest in there, other than collecting data... (they require phone verification when you sign-up, or start using it after a brief sabbatical from using... I took 2 months off from listing, and they would NOT allow me to post without getting 'the phone call...' :rolleyes:

What I do is add in more to cover the fees. I see a lot of sellers saying there will be an x % fee added to the sale, sort of like a buyers premium. I haven't sold anything on eBay in about 5 years because of the switch to having to use paypal. Already been to court twice over paypal, don't ever intend on going again. I don't use it, nor will I accept it as payment for goods or services.:angry:

Court over paypal??!?!? I gotta hear about this!!! PM, if you would please!! good lord. :check:

J

Going out of business

176319d1300312683-saw-ad-png

Last edited:
Hell of a deal in amboy washington(portland craigslist)

i went up to amboy and looked at all the nos parts and it is one hell of a deal, he also has a listing for about thirty parts saws, 2 riding mowers and push mowers, trimmers and blowers for $400. I would have bought it just dont have the cash and the space. Atleats a coulple thousand worth of parts though If its still there on friday i may be taking a trip back up there. ps He was also going to throw in a metal drawer rack full of carb kits and about fifty carbs.

E-bay needs some competition, but people look at e-bay as the "only toilet available to use", so they don't look for an alternative place to conduct their crap. I'm guilty, also. :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back