I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why don't more of us use this site for classifieds ????? I've posted here several times without one response before the item sold on ebay or CL within 24 to 48 hours. there are about two postings per day on AS classifieds for one of the most visited and knowledgeable forums on the topic of chainsaws... and there are no charges to use it....

I just bought a saw off of the classifieds here, I have also bought a couple parts from other members. Problem is Ebay has 100 of what I want and there may not be anyone with it here.....

As for e-bay owning Craigslist... Unless something has changed, they only own about 25% of the site, so they don't have a "controlling" interest. At least that's what it was a few years ago. Believe me, if they controlled the site, nothing would be free.

yes, and i think that it's 3 Ebay board members that actually own that portion, which is different than owning a company owning a stake at a corporate level. any one of them could vote against the other two and their vote carries equal weight. if the Ebay corporation owned a stake, the board vote could be 2 to 1 and the majority wish would be the action of the company.

E-bay needs some competition, but people look at e-bay as the "only toilet available to use", so they don't look for an alternative place to conduct their crap. I'm guilty, also. :hmm3grin2orange:

They do: Saw Bid and THEY ARE a sponsor here....

we should all make a point to list up one saw on there on a set date, and see what happens :D

J

I like the idea Jay....but have you been to that site lately? Dead sea scrolls.......

I did...just prior to posting :D

someone's gotta make a move away from FEE-bay... :rolleyes:

so...... I'm patiently waiting for some video...::msp_rolleyes::rock:

J

BTW, is that you in your avatar?? LOL!!

I did...just prior to posting :D

someone's gotta make a move away from FEE-bay... :rolleyes:

so...... I'm patiently waiting for some video...::msp_rolleyes::rock:

J

BTW, is that you in your avatar?? LOL!!

Hahahahaha no that's not me..... it's ####ey betts from the allman bros. Needed a change.

Yeah I gotta get out and make a video and fine tune her. My wife yells at me when I start it "we have neighbors you know!"

i just went to that site. can't find anything (as in nothing) there. is this a new site?

Todd & Amanda have been working on it for a while (it's been up for close to a year....but... as Bryan said, it's a ghost-town... :cry:

Hahahahaha no that's not me..... it's ####ey betts from the allman bros. Needed a change.

Yeah I gotta get out and make a video and fine tune her. My wife yells at me when I start it "we have neighbors you know!"

LOL!!! ohhh yeah!

i am looking to unload a few saw and i went to sawbid. i had looked around there several months ago. i was expecting to see an increase in activity. but alas, i couldn't find anything being sold. it looks like AS, Ebay and CL.

Latest posts

Back