I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome , Naked Arborist to the site .... If i was you I'd put some clothes on :msp_scared:and go get that saw it sounds like a killer deal . :clap: Oh i love the handle. Termite

I've got a couple of them with full wrap handles. Good saws for larger stuff. Unfortunatly I don't get to run them much because the wood I cut is smaller and I've got lots of other saws.

These things really scream with a 20" bar, but I've got 24" on them now. One came with a 36" bar and the other 32". I think 36" is a bit much.

If you didn't get it, you missed out on a good deal

PM me if you want to chat.
attachment.php
That sure is a "different" looking saw, looks like you could fit a 6 pack and a tool kit under the filter cover.

Last edited:
No offense to you Stink but it may be that some of the nutjobs are the ones carrying the pistols...

A few years back I went to check out a nice 076 off Craigslist. When the guy leaned over to start the saw, his handgun fell from his vest pocket, hit the ground and scared the #### out of both of us. It didn't fire, but easily could have messed either of us up if it did.
I personally see no reason to carry my gun to a transaction worth under $500, which is usually the most i'll ever pay for a saw.

May be, but I'll carry mine. If you choose not to, that's your decision. I'd like to go home to my wife, not to the morgue in a body bag. ;) I've never had anyone see mine, that's why they call it concealed carry.

The word you are looking for is insight....

Secondly, there is a whole "sticky" thread above that deals with e-Bay/Craigslist finds such as this. Your post should have been made there.

Let me be the first to say that you sir are giant douchewagon! And I am out!

Gary is a good guy........sometimes he just spends too much time picking nits.

No offense to you Stink but it may be that some of the nutjobs are the ones carrying the pistols...

A few years back I went to check out a nice 076 off Craigslist. When the guy leaned over to start the saw, his handgun fell from his vest pocket, hit the ground and scared the #### out of both of us. It didn't fire, but easily could have messed either of us up if it did.
I personally see no reason to carry my gun to a transaction worth under $500, which is usually the most i'll ever pay for a saw.

Are you saying that carrying a pistol makes someone a nutjob? If so, then you can take that opinion to the discussions in the O.T. section. Here in Ca, the thugs WILL jack you if they think you're carrying $100, or a smart phone.........let alone $500. I've seen many listings in "the hood" for $500 saws. Often, they've cut and pasted a previous listing....with just a location and # change. Sometimes the pic are unchanged, but the description gets messed up. Sounds like a setup to me...

As far as I know, Shinnys aren't really what the brand want you to believe they are....

Not the most popular brand and really Shindaiwa's only attempt at a larger saw, but well worth the money at that price if it is indeed in good running shape. They seem to be well built, but I honestly haven't put enough time on my 757's to know much about how well they hold up.

The 488's and 500's get most of my time.

Last edited:
Are you saying that carrying a pistol makes someone a nutjob? If so, then you can take that opinion to the discussions in the O.T. section. Here in Ca, the thugs WILL jack you if they think you're carrying $100, or a smart phone.........let alone $500. I've seen many listings in "the hood" for $500 saws. Often, they've cut and pasted a previous listing....with just a location and # change. Sometimes the pic are unchanged, but the description gets messed up. Sounds like a setup to me...

No, i'm not saying that carrying a pistol makes someone a nutjob, if so then i'd be referring to myself. Maybe you should read my post again.

Obviously, we live in very different places though. I've bought and sold hundreds of saws over the years on CL and never once felt any sort of threat. That is other than the once minor accident I mentioned.

Last edited:
Thanks to most for the warm Welcome :bowdown:

I wasn't interested in the saw anyway, just not my brand. I have too many already. High time for me to sell a few.

I hope that Naked Arborist isn't your company name.

NA: LOL

Naked Arborist, it is the thought that count's, and I appreciate that! Thnk's for sharing.

Howdy Naked Arborist! A warm welcome from us civil guys in the balcony!

Welcome , Naked Arborist to the site .... If i was you I'd put some clothes on and go get that saw it sounds like a killer deal . Oh i love the handle. Termite

What he was actually looking for was feedback, not criticism.

An' ya jes gotta luv his handle, ain't it?

NA:TY to everyone

That sure is a "different" looking saw, looks like you could fit a 6 pack and a tool kit under the filter cover.

NA: LOL

As far as I know, Shinnys aren't really what the brand want you to believe they are....

Not the most popular brand and really Shindaiwa's only attempt at a larger saw, but well worth the money at that price if it is indeed in good running shape. They seem to be well built, but I honestly haven't put enough time on my 757's to know much about how well they hold up.

The 488's and 500's get most of my time.

NA: Sounds like a man who knows his Shinnys

You should really like this one.

NA: You could keep a few dancing girls under there! LOL

If you didn't get it, you missed out on a good deal

PM me if you want to chat.

On a lighter note...
Thanks for the warm welcome GS

Gary is a good guy........sometimes he just spends too much time picking nits.

NA: I'm not one to cause any trouble but, when "you" the AS Badger come crawling up out of that den of yours, watch out for falling limbs and trees :). Word of advice, be careful around the water, sharks are everywhere and badgers make for a nice snack lol...

Let me be the first to say that you sir are giant douchewagon! And I am out!

NA: LMFAO!!!......about what BTA said

Don't let the badger bother You.

NA: NEVER HAPPEN, back to the "REAL" world for me. :rolleyes2:

NUF said...:rock:

Just heard on the local news today that there are some folks in my area pulling a similiar stunt. They have you meet them in a random parking lot to view a CL item then they pop you in the head and run off with your money. No one ever thinks this kind of stuff will happen in their town until it does.....

Back