I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mall 6 chainsaw in Santa Rosa, Ca

I could probably help someone get/ship this monster. You'd have to make the deal with the seller (I can't front that kind of $$$). You'll have to arrange shipping from here too. I work about 15 minutes from a Forward Air terminal, and could box it on a pallet and ship it out for a reasonable fee.

1940's Antique Chainsaw - Mall Model 6

Never thought i would see a 090 with a 7' & 9' bar for sale in my home town. Called the guy up to see if i could bring my very rough 090 over to compare it to his to see what mine might be missing and to also see a 7' & 9' bars. Figured he might also have some other stuff laying around, you never know. When i told him i wasnt able to buy but wanted to come check it out if he had free time, the answer was pretty much a "no, i'm too busy". He said he bought three new 090's thirty years ago to run a custom Dual power head mill for a 12' maple and no longer uses it. Ad says one is for sale, dont know what happened to the other two. Any way, here u go!
******0 90 STIHL CHAIN SAW

Thanks man... I understand. Already scooped by some warped AS member :(

Warped 5, you mentioned he had another saw that was nicer than the one you got? When I selected the link I posted it show's it's been deleted, but the link you gave in the reply shows a saw. Is the seller trying to pull a fast one or what? I know someone looking for a MAC 1000, that's why I'm asking, someone got that saw.

Warped 5, you mentioned he had another saw that was nicer than the one you got? When I selected the link I posted it show's it's been deleted, but the link you gave in the reply shows a saw. Is the seller trying to pull a fast one or what? I know someone looking for a MAC 1000, that's why I'm asking, someone got that saw.

Here is the link ....

Nope, the seller is on the up and up! He's a real nice guy, I traded email with him later last week and he still has the saw. I looked just now and the post is still there.

Got it !

Vintage Homelite Zip Saw
Looks to be in decent shape!

Picked it up this evening. He was cleaning out a garage for a friend and was helping him get rid of a few things.
Thanks for posting this - rep sent.

Philbert

attachment.php

Phil my friend, the CAD bug appears to be affecting ya more lately. Nice score! I thought about that one, but I've got enough projects to last a good long while.

Phil my friend, the CAD bug appears to be affecting ya more lately. Nice score! I thought about that one, but I've got enough projects to last a good long while.

I'm actually not looking to be a collector or to manage a collection. Would much rather have and use new saws. Just hoping to learn a bit more about these older saws by cleaning them up, and maybe make a few dollars I can put toward a new saw. These last few have just been close by so I took a shot at them.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back