I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Rod Ported Polished Husqvarna 346XP Chainsaw Dirty Saw non X Torq NO EPA | eBay

This many interest you builders, he even shows pictures of his port work.

Those transfers are interesting, and the base looks like it wasn't cut on a lathe.

I was going to post up about that....but looks like Roanoaker beat me too it! lol..

I was wondering the same, JJ...

for that price, he needs to post cut-times...

Stihl 090AV Chainsaw!!! Very Good Condition!!! Watch The Videos!!! | eBay

I'm NOW the high bidder!! :rock: the last person retracted the bid! :biggrin:

Hot Rod Ported Polished Husqvarna 346XP Chainsaw Dirty Saw non X Torq NO EPA | eBay

This many interest you builders, he even shows pictures of his port work.

I've seen that same saw (or one just like it) on eBay now off and on for over a year. IMHO it's a complete gimmick, he may be able to get a little more power then stock but far from what a decent builder would get.

Since I'm thinking about it I might as well vent, things that bother me are:
  1. No one who knows anything uses gimmick spark plugs like SureFire V3's.
  2. The intake flange is rubber, I don't think you can make it 50% larger without making it paper thin.
  3. Splitting the crank and removing weight from it is not going to increase the power, it will only make it accelerate faster. Does a 346 really need to accelerate faster?
  4. Zero air leaks because he puts enough goop on the base flange to fill in the giant gouge he put in trying to lower the cylinder with a file. Too bad in one spot you can still see the factory machining marks, it makes me wonder if he thinks that all cylinder rock a little before you tighten them down?
  5. "hand built expansion chanber", obviously good at crossing his t's and dotting his i's. But really to me it looks like a normal muffler with little martian antenna's coming out of it. A true expansion chamber for this saw would have to be around 2.5' long, I'm sure even he can't hide this length of tube in that muffler.
  6. "custom handle wrap that takes over 80% of the vibration out", I'm sure he owns the $40k worth of data acquisition to accurately measure this. Looks like a nicely done bike handle wrap job, now let's see how that stands up to oil and a thorn bush!
  7. Polishing the outside of the cylinder really helps for heat dissipation (not), plus it looks cool under a cover that no one see's.

Ok, there's more I could rant about but that should cover the bases. Ahhh, I feel better.

Stihl Top handles in Cincinnati / North KY area - $125

Add has 3 pics. 1 of each saw.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 Stihl Chainsaws

I have 3 stihl Chainsaws for sale. I have a 020 AV, 020 AV SUPER and a 015L. None of them run but between all three saws you should be able to get one good one running. Plan was to get em running but just don't have time to mess with them. Im asking $125 for all 3 or best offer. Email or call #########

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Figured I pass along about the only "deal" on C/L in KY and not in my area so I can't help you w/ shipping.

dw

Last edited:
husky 3120 new

thought some of you might like this, it's abowt 50 miles or so from me..

Date: 2011-11-16, 11:45AM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have for sale my new Husqvarna 3120XP and Stihl MS290. the Husqvarna is new. i bought the remaining stock of a Husqvarna dealer and received this saw and i have no use for a 120cc powered chainsaw, This thing is a monster and will cut any tree desired, This is the biggest and most powerful saw husqvarna makes. I'm asking $1000.00 FIRM as this goes for around $1800.00 new without a bar and chain. next up is my Stihl MS 290. this saw had about 3 tanks of fuel ran thru it and is in excellent shape. im selling this cause i have no use for it as i own 8 saws. saw comes with a 16" bar and chain also. asking $250.00 FIRM 717-437-3539

Last edited:
I don't think he's selling any saw in the pics with a chainbrake, I was interested in the remington bantam, 030av and I was wondering if any of those west bends were worth anything? Thanks for the info.

I was thinking of making a cad run, can you guys help identify anything special in this bunch? The guy is asking about 50 a piece, I know there's a 030av, NU17, ZIP, ?????
Thanks Kevin

I see a Clinton saw, and a Terrill saw with a Power Products motor but no West Bends are pictured.

There is an 038 on the bottom shelf and a mid-sized Pioneer on the second shelf behind the Clinton that might turn out to be a good'un.

He said he had some west bend chainsaws, I was assuming it was those on the top shelf. I spotted that 038 and I believe he said he was keeping all the saws with chainbrakes(except for those cheap macs), but I'll give it a shot because it's one of my favorite saws. Thanks for identifying those saws pictured, anything special there?
Thanks Kevin

Last edited:
I was thinking of making a cad run, can you guys help identify anything special in this bunch? The guy is asking about 50 a piece, I know there's a 030av, NU17, ZIP, ?????
Thanks Kevin

http://images.craigslist.org/5O65T45S43F43oa3p7bcfe79c41bc3d371da2.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/5Y25P15R43m23Fb3o8bcf3b8129192dcc1db2.jpg

It was hard to look at those pics sideways.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back