I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd have to be completely off your rocker to even entertain more than $200 for that saw. But, it's obvious you don't care. So go pay whatever you're going to pay. But don't come back crying for Vaseline after the fact.

the slapping has officially begun

I completely agree with Rexy...

No way would I pay more than $200 bucks for that saw with a garbage bar and chain onit to boot. You can get used 044's that are a better saw for $300 to $350. Plus that's with a Stihl ES bar and a good chain.

Gary

I noticed this particular 038 Mag on CL a few weeks ago...IIRC he's been trying to sell it since at least mid-November. Something about he bought it for a big job that feel through. As many have said, price is a little high....even for eBay. If he had a triple port muffler and full wrap, it would be closer to the market.

Here is somebody sleeping rather blissfully with visions of sugarplums dancing in his head.

McCulloch chainsaw "THE PROFESSIONAL" PRO MAC 655-Rare | eBay

Supertramp said it best.

Supertramp - Dreamer (HD) - YouTube

I can't believe this hasn't sold yet...........C'mon fellas, it's "rare".....LOL!!!

Cripples trying to cut in on my new, well, new to me, saw.

You'd have to be completely off your rocker to even entertain more than $200 for that saw. But, it's obvious you don't care. So go pay whatever you're going to pay. But don't come back crying for Vaseline after the fact.

Well, there you have it. The almighty spacemule has spoken. Why? The world may never know.

I can't believe this hasn't sold yet...........C'mon fellas, it's "rare".....LOL!!!

You'd think one might put a new bar on there if he's actually trying to get $700 for it. There have been a few mint 610/650 saws go in the $400 range on greedbay, but I have not seen anything that high.

That ones in nice shape, but it's not a mag so it's only 61cc's, a mag is 72. That's almost twice what I paid for my mag, but it's quite a bit nicer.

The ad is down, but know that the MAGNUM stickers come off pretty easily on the later ones. There have been a few through here that I wrote off as plane-jane 038's and turned out to be MAGs with just the 038 plate on top and no sticker. It could have been a Super also at 67cc. A good running Super is nothing to sneeze at. While not terribly fast, I have run a 28" bar on mine a few times (in hardwood) in a pinch.

Mono antique saw.

Antique Mono Chain Saw

Carb. parts are all over evilbay.

"Made" in Springfield, MO.

Does that thing remind anybody else of a Mac 15?

Yes, but a lot of them were set up that way, upright cylinder, gear box, gravity fed fuel and oil. Disston, David Bradley, etc. but it does have a peculiar resemblance to a 15.

That saw's a direct drive. Probably AH-47 powered. Looks similar to my AH-58 powered Mono/Wards WD60. Got it at a yard sale years ago for $10. Came to me with a 25" RN bar and a good loop of 7/16" chain. Has a Tillotson HC gravity fed carb (like a Tillotson HL, but without the pump section). The McCulloch Mac 15 and the Homelite 500/Buz saws were made to compete with those Mono's (and other similar saws such as some Sears/David Bradly's) in the 'consumer/farmer' market. Some of those Homelites, and most of the Mac 15's had the same HC carb. A few Mac 15's had a Walbro SDC instead.

Most of the time when you see any of these saws listed on feebay or CL, the seller sez something stupid about it being from the '40s or '50s based on the look of the saw (and mentions "Kart"). These saws were all made in the early-mid '60s alongside more modern designs from the same manufacturers.

Latest posts

Back