I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blue homie on Mpls CL

HOMELITE CHAINSAW - $20 (SHOREVIEW)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-06-03, 8:59PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HAVE A REALLY OLD HOMELITE CHAINSAW SUPER XL MADE IN USA .DOES NOT RUN I PAID $45 I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT .651 276 55 73.THANK YOU

Sooooo what you're saying is the only way anyone would find that ad, would be to use the code word "chainsaw".

Way to go, Sherlock. :D

Yeah that's right. :msp_tongue: All you gotta do to find out that this guy's selling an 064, is read every ad on Craigslist that has the word "chainsaw" in it. :hmm3grin2orange:

You so wise!! :laugh: :msp_laugh: :msp_lol:

That all could be solved if people would find out what their stuff is worth before posting an ad.

It is sometimes difficult to find out the value of vintage chainsaws, especially uncommon makes & models. Even when you can find references to the saws on sites such AS & Mangus' site, most of the time you won't find price ranges.

I do agree that sellers should honor their original asking price, even if some Richard Cranium has told them the saw is worth more. If I called a seller and was told someone was coming to see the saw, I'd simply ask the seller for a call back should the deal fall through.

Yeah that's right. :msp_tongue: All you gotta do to find out that this guy's selling an 064, is read every ad on Craigslist that has the word "chainsaw" in it. :hmm3grin2orange:

You so wise!! :laugh: :msp_laugh: :msp_lol:

Nah, all you gotta do is wait a few minutes. There's a guy on here who posts every saw that he thinks is interesting, within 27,000 miles of his house. He'll find it, he's real sharp with the internets. :potstir: :jester:

Estonia?

Yah Skip, I posted this one last week ... notice the seller has zero feedback .... and check out the sign in the background ... LOL

Nah, all you gotta do is wait a few minutes. There's a guy on here who posts every saw that he thinks is interesting, within 27,000 miles of his house. He'll find it, he's real sharp with the internets. :potstir: :jester:

So basically what you're saying is said "hyper poster" circumnavigates the globe looking for saws to post on AS? Man............what a great service, maybe he should pay his $20 a month and be a "sponsor" on this thread.

So basically what you're saying is said "hyper poster" circumnavigates the globe looking for saws to post on AS? Man............what a great service, maybe he should pay his $20 a month and be a "sponsor" on this thread.

Precisely.

Just the other day I found myself wondering if there were any deals to be had in one of the most desolate areas of our nation. It took minutes of searching but, I finally cracked the code and the saws poured forth from the Sierra Nevada Foothills like a raging river.

Nothing I wanted though, maybe I'll post 25-30 of them later. :D

Precisely.

Just the other day I found myself wondering if there were any deals to be had in one of the most desolate areas of our nation. It took minutes of searching but, I finally cracked the code and the saws poured forth from the Sierra Nevada Foothills like a raging river.

Nothing I wanted though, maybe I'll post 25-30 of them later. :D

If you would please do me the favor of posting all finds in my area that you have no intention of pursuing within 0-90 minutes of them being listed on CL, it would really help me out with my cash flow. Thanks for being a true friend Tom.

If you would please do me the favor of posting all finds in my area that you have no intention of pursuing within 0-90 minutes of them being listed on CL, it would really help me out with my cash flow. Thanks for being a true friend Tom.

No problem, pal. While I was hacking into craigslist's server the other day, to add my weekly "free firewood, all you have to do is clear and sod my 6 acre lot that is on a .5:1 slope" ad, I took the liberty of installing a program that allows me to triangulate AS members locations via their IP address and cross reference that with all craigslist postings before they actually make it to the CL website. Then it takes the ads and blocks them from anyone local for the first 6 hours of the listing. It also automatically calls the seller and tells them they should ask more money.

It's still in the beta phase but, I think it has potential. :potstir:

Back