I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poulan chainsaw 2900
poulan chainsaw 2055

I found these today, they were left outside, on a table, from a yard sale held this weekend. It was pouring rain and the guy just left them sitting there in the rain. New fuel line in one and a starter cord in the other was all they needed. Believe me the price was right.

Left out in the rain? Some folks have no respect for Poulan saws.

Ihope that you also hit the recoil springs with some WD-40 or something smilar. Are you sure that the 2055 has an 18" bar? May I'm just too used to hearing "It's a lot shorter than you said." :laugh:

I hope that you also treated the recoil springs with some WD-40 or something similar. Are you sure that the 2055 has an 18" bar? Maybe I'm just too used to hearing "It's a lot shorter than you said." :laugh:[SIZE]

Since the edit feature apparantly is not f:censored:g working (big surprise, eh?), I'll try it this way, and that way.

I hope that you treated the recoil springs with some WD-40 or something similar. Are you sure that the 2055 has an 18" bar? Maybe I'm just too used to hearing "It's a lot shorter than you said." :laugh:

Heads up on this eBay auction ...

...because the seller has the carcass listed as a Mac PM700, but it's really a Pro Mac 10-10.

He insists that since "it has 10 parts all over it, right?" that there is no problem.

Right. :angry:

LINK to site

...because the seller has the carcass listed as a Mac PM700, but it's really a Pro Mac 10-10.

He insists that since "it has 10 parts all over it, right?" that there is no problem.

Right. :angry:

LINK to site

Same Adam-Henry also has an actual PM700 listed. He strategically omitted a picture of the 'PM700' showing the area of the cylinder head where a DSP valve (or a hole for one) would be. He DID shoot a pic of the other saw (a 'real' PM700) from that angle though. Shady bastard....

In a phone conversation with me today, Ted told me that the seller sent him the model # and serial # (at Ted's request). The model # and SN prefix provided are for a PM10-10 and NOT a PM700. After Ted told the seller that, the seller made the "it has 10 parts all over it" statement...

Last edited:
Since the edit feature apparantly is not f:censored:g working (big surprise, eh?), I'll try it this way, and that way.

I hope that you treated the recoil springs with some WD-40 or something similar. Are you sure that the 2055 has an 18" bar? Maybe I'm just too used to hearing "It's a lot shorter than you said." :laugh:

It could be 16'' I looked but didn't really look if you know what I mean. I can't even imagine having a 16" inch rear handle saw. Top handle sure. Now I gotta go look.

That saw has been on ebay for a couple years now. Same price.
You'd think after a year or so maybe the price is too high???
Probably has close to that in listing fees now. :msp_biggrin:

Probably not. For many people right now the listings are free up to 50 a month I think. The free listings are what is triggering all this.

Whoa whoa whoa... Call Johnny????

Do you thnk this may be the original Johnny red??? Could be good for a future eBay sale.

Only if you can pick it up for less. $400 is about the going rate for a nice running 2095. Don't expect to make a killing on that deal.

Only if you can pick it up for less. $400 is about the going rate for a nice running 2095. Don't expect to make a killing on that deal.

its been on c-list for a little while... he started at 500 and has been coming down 25 bucks at a time
I could probably grab it for 350

I don't really need a nother big saw, but my wants say I need another big saw

Back