I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fixin' up the oldies... that is what "CAD" is all about... :)

Gary

Yes, and my ultimate goal is to have a little logging museum up in the woods when I retire. I have a good piece of property for it now that's next to a high-traffic rural highway, so once I put my sign out I'll get a lot of tourists. I'd like to run it as a wayside/museum where people can come in, have coffee and refreshments, look at some logging history, and then travel on up to a popular destination like Crater Lake or the lava caves by Bend, Or. :clap:

Jacob... I just made a call to a friend of mine that might have a line on one of those Poulan 2-man saws... He's gonna call me back later today... I'll let ya know. I think he said it might be a 4400.

Gary

There is a guy in boothbay that buys old saws and fixes them for resale. He usually wants WAY too much for them, so he will probably buy it and try to sell it for $200.

After you posted that stihl 051 on here, I thought that guy might be you. I agree he is way overpriced on all of his saws.

Like my dad always told me, "A quick nickel is better than a slow quarter."

After you posted that stihl 051 on here, I thought that guy might be you. I agree he is way overpriced on all of his saws.

Like my dad always told me, "A quick nickel is better than a slow quarter."

No, not me. That guy was trying to sell a Husky 136 for $200!

How is that 051 treating you? Did you put it on Ebay?

Sweet. I guess I better I get your 125 fixed up for when I come up your way, second week in April. :)

The last time I talked to him before today, he said it's sittin' in a barn. Doesn't run, but it's all there... helper handle and all... still waiting for him to call me back.

Btw... I would take that 125 "as is" for a good price... :)

Gary

Yes, and my ultimate goal is to have a little logging museum up in the woods when I retire. I have a good piece of property for it now that's next to a high-traffic rural highway, so once I put my sign out I'll get a lot of tourists. I'd like to run it as a wayside/museum where people can come in, have coffee and refreshments, look at some logging history, and then travel on up to a popular destination like Crater Lake or the lava caves by Bend, Or. :clap:

That's a pretty cool idea. I'd stop in and see it. Better yet, road trip!!

No, not me. That guy was trying to sell a Husky 136 for $200!

How is that 051 treating you? Did you put it on Ebay?

I emailed him once to see if he had a saw that he would sell for cheap that needed work. He emailed me every one of his saws in all seperate emails!!

Someone from california bought it for 100 plus shipping. Easiest $75 dollars I've ever made. Now I'm in the market for a MS270/280 for my main firewood saw. I sold my 025 on ebay for a crazy amount and made $50 more than I paid for it. So now I need a saw(who doesn't need one though?)

Looks like a Homelite XL-925

Says its an XL-9, but I couldn't find it at Acres. What is it?
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/grd/1064732848.html

I'm not an expert (by any means), but my guess in an XL-925? There were quite a few others in that series that looked similar, and I think that they were in the 70cc to 80cc range. There is a similar one on Craigslist in Redding, CA (my area) for $75 right now - not running, and hard to tell the condition. If I wasn't broke, I'd make an offer, as it has been on there for a few weeks. It doesn't say what model it is either. I could use a bigger saw.

http://redding.craigslist.org/tls/1044545161.html

burned up 280, any takers on what itl go for

Just out of curiosity is this an iem unit and do you know why it burned up? It looks to be farily new.

Latest posts

Back