I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id say thats a Pro Mac 700. You close to there Joe?
PM 700, hmmm I don't know too much about the Macs, but this style is my favorite, with the newer logo too. I'm gonna meet the guy this week, hopefully ill get it, its in nice shape. He's about 30min away. What you think? Is it 70ccs?

Stihl Monster Lightening Contra Chainsaw

Stihl Monster Lightening Contra Chainsaw 9hp 106cc OBO - $400 (49272)
Date: 2010-02-13, 8:46AM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

50 year old vintage Stihl Lightening Lightning Contra Chainsaw with 9 horsepower, 106cc engine. Clutch cover is missing. Top cover has crack. No lower handle. Has strong spark, starts easy and idles/runs as should. If your not in good shape then don't bother with this 26 pound back breaker. Lightening saw is the same as the Contra (it's USA name). Was replaced by the 070. Only the 090 had a higher advertised horse power. Compression seems strong but I only just got this saw yesterday , Feb 12, as a nonworking saw. Replace coil wires, cleaned and reset gap, totally dismantled and cleaned carb, replaced fuel hose. Still cleaning and tinkering with because it's going on Ebay later today or tomorrow, so, here is your chance to get it till then. If you have a large 30 or greater inch bar and chain laying around, then heres your chance to put it to use. Call Bob day or night 517-569-2575 or better yet send a email (my line is often busy). Everything that I stated that I am aware if it missing is available on Ebay for under $107. If you really look as I did you can find it for $47, including a bar and chain (all used of coarse). I do have other Stihl saws, complete and not complete, all runnig.

check out the oil mix instructions. sae 30 non detergent with "real gas" not today's crap !!..ran out of mix years ago and remember mixing like that to finish a couple cuts at the end of the job. shook the h3ll out of it when I mixed it , and disposed of the mix when I was done with the 2 cuts. worked okay. but that was 20 years ago.
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/atq/1575516007.html

Looked the model # up and looks like a 95CC, 7hp, big boy, Joe.

PM 700, hmmm I don't know too much about the Macs, but this style is my favorite, with the newer logo too. I'm gonna meet the guy this week, hopefully ill get it, its in nice shape. He's about 30min away. What you think? Is it 70ccs?

So much for you picking it up for me!!! :)

Actually yes I think it is 70cc and a never version of the PM700.

Some of the Mac guys would probably double or triple your money for it.

I'll probably have mine for sale before long, as soon as I get it fixed up a little. Gotta replace that danged oiler knob, then put the right bar on it, then see what else it needs. I'm getting too many chainsaws, bought 8 more this week, wife says this has gotta stop!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back