I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chain Saw Antique WASP (Wauconda, Il Rand Rd. Rt.12)

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/grd/1745846929.html

"Come take this off my hands its an antique an could be worth alot of money. Check out what there going for on ebay! I just need to get it gone! Come get it! "

3mf3pb3la5Y65Q05W3a5hc1302bb7718c1613.jpg

3nf3ka3m55V45O05Q4a5h4ec0fd52348016db.jpg

3n53o63p65U55S65R1a5h2b08c7f8fd201923.jpg

Do gooders

I guarantee that guy with the 090's email box is jammed full by now. . . Sounds kinda like some scam though.

He's probably received offers in the thousands of dollars too, so $250.00 is for sure out the window.

Oh ya!! Hundreds of people who have no intention or the money to buy the saw probably contacted the guy to conveniently let him know that they are worth much more.If they can`t have it, by god they`ll make sure whoever does get it, is gonna pay for it.I would love to know how many people contacted him just to tell him he should ask for way more money.Ebay use to be like that.Do gooders with nothing else to do, would contact buyers and tell them they got ripped off, or that their item was a fake, or they could get it somewhere else cheaper.Or the people who bid on an item just to remove the buy it now feature so no one else can buy it with that feature.Thats why ebay made bidders id`s private.IMO I love to see people get good deals, like the 090 Brad got from the forestry service.:clap::clap:

Oh ya!! Hundreds of people who have no intention or the money to buy the saw probably contacted the guy to conveniently let him know that they are worth much more.If they can`t have it, by god they`ll make sure whoever does get it, is gonna pay for it.I would love to know how many people contacted him just to tell him he should ask for way more money.Ebay use to be like that.Do gooders with nothing else to do, would contact buyers and tell them they got ripped off, or that their item was a fake, or they could get it somewhere else cheaper.Or the people who bid on an item just to remove the buy it now feature so no one else can buy it with that feature.Thats why ebay made bidders id`s private.IMO I love to see people get good deals, like the 090 Brad got from the forestry service.:clap::clap:

I was wondering why they made the ID's private..

J

Stihl 066 Mag Chain Saw - $350 (Hillsboro)
Date: 2010-05-19, 1:41PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is a stihl 066 Magnum Chain Saw. It has a 3' bar starts first pull and works perfect. If interested Call Chris at 503-591-9868

Too bad it's gone already, in less than 2 hrs.

Not sure how search engine savy everyone is here, so I will try and give a couple tips for searching craigslist with google.

Searching with something like - craigslist stihl 460
returns many other websites that aren't craigslist but just have info listing it.

Searching with - site:craigslist.org stihl+460
adding site: returns just craigslist web pages from various cities and no others. and the + makes sure that both stihl and 460 are in the title of the page.

There will still be plenty of dead links and postings expired but this might help hone in some searches. Hopefully help save some time looking for those hard to find saws and parts.

Not sure how search engine savy everyone is here, so I will try and give a couple tips for searching craigslist with google.

Searching with something like - craigslist stihl 460
returns many other websites that aren't craigslist but just have info listing it.

Searching with - site:craigslist.org stihl+460
adding site: returns just craigslist web pages from various cities and no others. and the + makes sure that both stihl and 460 are in the title of the page.

There will still be plenty of dead links and postings expired but this might help hone in some searches. Hopefully help save some time looking for those hard to find saws and parts.

Rep for the tip.
Welcome to the site. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back