I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By Hittinsteel:
Anyone in the Raleigh area?
Husqvarna 268 Chainsaw 24

I REALLY like that one but 7.5 hours round trip, and then don't know what I will find?

I would have had I not been too busy with work. First come first serve I suppose. Money talks, phone calls walk.

SOMETIMES true...

if there's a FLAKE on the other end of the line buying the saw (which I wouldn't THINK you'd come off as...) Setting on a price, and saying i'll call for directions when I get off work... is good enough for me to consider it sold. especially if the person can take a call during the day to 'double check' if they're still buying.

I try and keep a handshake word... :clap:

but that's me....

SOMETIMES true...

if there's a FLAKE on the other end of the line buying the saw (which I wouldn't THINK you'd come off as...) Setting on a price, and saying i'll call for directions when I get off work... is good enough for me to consider it sold. especially if the person can take a call during the day to 'double check' if they're still buying.

I try and keep a handshake word... :clap:

but that's me....

If the guy doesnt ask for my address right away I never think hes serious. Ive had a couple no shows even when I give my addy. Also many that were gonna call back and never did. BUT Ive been on the other side where I called and got all the info and WAS gonna be there at 5 and they sold it!!! Most peoples word doesnt mean much nowadays. AND its hard to tell the diff. between whos does and doesnt.

I would have had I not been too busy with work. First come first serve I suppose. Money talks, phone calls walk.

If the guy agreed to that price, he should have kept his word.

I had a AS member snag a Homie 750 out from under me. I was first in line to buy the saws (which the 750 was one of them) and the guy calls me to tell me he has decided to sell the 750 separately because the AS member gave him some story about how he has been trying to find one for years and wants to collect them, plus other mumbo jumbo. Then the seller had the nerve to ask me if I still wanted the other saws, I told him to shove it(in a nice manner though). Ya win some, ya lose some I guess.

I'm a big fan of craigslist but don't always like the national competition, that is what Ebay is for. One of my niches and hobbies is to find rare/cool saws locally and it sucks when some guy from across the country is threading in my neighborhood.

If the guy agreed to that price, he should have kept his word.

I had a AS member snag a Homie 750 out from under me. I was first in line to buy the saws (which the 750 was one of them) and the guy calls me to tell me he has decided to sell the 750 separately because the AS member gave him some story about how he has been trying to find one for years and wants to collect them, plus other mumbo jumbo. Then the seller had the nerve to ask me if I still wanted the other saws, I told him to shove it(in a nice manner though). Ya win some, ya lose some I guess.

I'm a big fan of craigslist but don't always like the national competition, that is what Ebay is for. One of my niches and hobbies is to find rare/cool saws locally and it sucks when some guy from across the country is threading in my neighborhood.

I was upset and bummed when the saw was sold out from under me. But then on the other hand, what guarantee does he have that I'll ever show up. Someone else showed up with the money before I did. I was shocked to see it show up in our Classified section later in the day though. But I seriously doubt he knew the seller had already agreed to sell it to someone else. Oh well, just one more saw I don't have to deal with, lol.

I disagree Brad... If its a saw I want then I pay his asking price or a little more to hold it for me... If you offer him less than his asking price then there isn't a reason to hold it especially if it was already a good deal.. Unless you guys had a rock solid understanding that including him holding it.

Wow

:rolleyes:

I asked about the shipping on this:

HUSQVARNA SAW CHAINS LOT OF (8) - eBay (item 250755685492 end time Jan-12-11 03:26:18 PST)

Question:
Dear aimtwopls,

$100 for shipping???

I'm a bit confused. these would EASILY fit in a med size flat rate box, or possibly even a small...

please advise.

Thanks,

Jay

and this is what I got for a reply:

Don't be Confused! You either agree or disagree. VERY SIMPLE. Thanks

sounds like someone is trying to sneak one in, and ALSO get by ANY ebay fees..

hopefully someone notices this PRIOR to bidding :dizzy:

what a scumbag...

Yeah, :agree2:

then a little farther into his thing he says, "I DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES REFUND SHIPPING COST.

I hope no one says. "those chains are near $20 new, if I can get them for 10 dollars a chain I'll make out good."

I'd hate to be out 180 dollars for an assortment of who knows what kind of chain.. .325 3/8 skip, full comp, semi skip, full chisel .. .050.. .058 ....

with chain I kind of like to go to one of this site's sponsor's or my local saw shop and get exactly what I want. suppose if you could pick the lot of eight chains up for a dollar a chain and had the means to resell them you might break even with time, labor, and hassle... well, 100 dollars buys you just about enough bulk chain on a reel to make the amount of chain that guys selling....

so.... If he'd give em to me for one cent I still wouldn't buy them

Sorry, I just had to vent....

I had no way of knowing that brad had made a deal with the guy on the 090. I live about 10 min. from the guy and he had called and left me a message about the saw the night before. I called him back about 10:00 am and told him I would come take a look at it. I did not even know it was up on craigslist. I know how brad feels as I have had this happen many times to me on craigslist before. I did give the guy what he was asking for it. He never said a word about it being sold he did say that there was a guy that was interested in coming and looking at it later that day but I think he said that he was from Ky. I bought it to resell to help buy an ar-15.

Dan

Latest posts

Back