I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geeze...people like this seller need to learn- it's not "Smokey the bear", it's Smokey Bear.

Well . . . . . he's been known both ways through the years in song and story . . .

Smokey's correct name is Smokey Bear. In 1952, the songwriters Steve Nelson and Jack Rollins had a successful song named "Smokey the Bear". The pair said that "the" was added to Smokey's name to keep the song's rhythm. During the 1950s, that variant of the name became widespread both in popular speech and in print, including at least one standard encyclopedia. A 1955 book in the Little Golden Books series was called Smokey the Bear and Smokey calls himself by this name in the book. From the beginning, Smokey's name was intentionally spelled differently from the adjective smoky.

The fictional character Smokey Bear is administered by three entities: the United States Forest Service, the National Association of State Foresters, and the Ad Council. Smokey Bear's name and image are protected by U.S. federal law, the Smokey Bear Act of 1952 (16 U.S.C. 580 (p-2); 18 U.S.C. 711).[5][6]

Smokey The Bear Song - 1952 - YouTube (Eddie Arnold)
and here's 'JD' singing it Smokey Bear Song - YouTube (OUR JD!?!)

Philbert

Last edited:
Well . . . . . he's been known both ways through the years in song and story . . .

Smokey The Bear Song - 1952 - YouTube (Eddie Arnold)
and here's 'JD' singing it Smokey Bear Song - YouTube (OUR JD!?!)

Philbert

I actually did a bunch of research on this subject because of bar covers. I have a "Smokey Bear" cover for every Homelite I have and some for my Mac's. The name was Smokey Bear until that song screwed it up and then over a period of time he became "Smokey The Bear".

You are both right....but he did start as just Smokey Bear.

You are both right....but he did start as just Smokey Bear.

Donald Trump probably started out as 'Donny' before he became 'The Donald'. Look at JayLo, JayZ, Snoop, Cher, Beyonce, The Fonz, . . Names and titles change. Could be a sign of respect, dominance, or notoriety.

Probably a conversation that took place out in the woods:
'Hey, YOU the MAN!', 'No, YOU the Man', 'Yeah, OK, but you THE Bear!' . . .

Philbert

P.S. for the $250 that that eBayer is asking, I can probably silkscreen that copyright image onto a lot of things that I own.

P.S. for the $250 that that eBayer is asking, I can probably silkscreen that copyright image onto a lot of things that I own.

But he does look pretty cool on a bar cover.....ESPECIALLY when he's on both sides....making that cover a "Double Smokey" AND surely worth $$$$$$ TWO FIDY! I should sell a couple of mine.

I agree, this cover is a little over priced.

2 big anteike chain saws and ful size truk tool box

WORD OF WARNING!!!!
You must first turn your brain off before reading this ad. If you can manage to get past the horrific spelling there is a deal in there for someone. At least I think there may be a deal in there...... He either has two chainsaw and a truck tool box for sale or he is trying to show everyone the effects of being kicked in the head by a mule??

2 big anteike chain saws and ful size truk tool box

WORD OF WARNING!!!!
You must first turn your brain off before reading this ad. If you can manage to get past the horrific spelling there is a deal in there for someone. At least I think there may be a deal in there...... He either has two chainsaw and a truck tool box for sale or he is trying to show everyone the effects of being kicked in the head by a mule??

WOW is all I have to say about the spelling and I don't want to make fun of the person as they may be doing it as a joke or just that under schooled:msp_ohmy:

WORD OF WARNING!!!!

2 big anteike chain saws and ful size truk tool box (blountville, tn)

1 is a micullick 500 sereis the uther 1 is a home lite 500 sereis. fer sell or traid. 50 taiks both. the meckullick runs grate. but the home lite runs to but it needs a sprang n the triger. thay r giant saws. i got a tool box if my ful size truk traid er sell. 100 for saws an tool box. the tool boz is alumenom dimend plaited. has a new lok an 2 kees. has the bolts fer it to. i can txt fotos. cal er txt thomas at xxx-xxx-xxxx er ( CAL ONLY ) tom at xxx-xxx-xxxx thank ya..

Philbert

Latest posts

Back