I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was at an auction today as they listed a poulan chainsaw. Got there and it was a 2150 or somethign like that. Picked it up from the case and fuel ran out of it. No interest in it even if it looked good.

A friend was there and he stayed and said they got something like $75 for it:bang:who in there wrong or right mind would pay that for one of those. Also they had a like new maybe used twice string trimmer stihl fs40 c as I recall and it sold for $170. New they are only $189............idiots

Was at an auction today as they listed a poulan chainsaw. Got there and it was a 2150 or somethign like that. Picked it up from the case and fuel ran out of it. No interest in it even if it looked good.

A friend was there and he stayed and said they got something like $75 for it:bang:who in there wrong or right mind would pay that for one of those. Also they had a like new maybe used twice string trimmer stihl fs40 c as I recall and it sold for $170. New they are only $189............idiots

The depressed economy has more people cruising the live auctions. There's a big auction house north of me, Metz Hill Auctions. They've been packed the last few months...

The depressed economy has more people cruising the live auctions. There's a big auction house north of me, Metz Hill Auctions. They've been packed the last few months...

The uneducated will be taking on an even bigger beat down in economics if they keep paying those prices. They will be relearned once they see what they actually bought:bang:

The uneducated will be taking on an even bigger beat down in economics if they keep paying those prices. They will be relearned once they see what they actually bought:bang:

Some educations are more expensive than others I guess.

The guy that sold me my internet connection has a Bachelor's degree in Humanities, but has to make a living selling internet connections
and installing DISH tv because there are very few career paths for someone with a Humanities degree. He has just over $60k in student
loans...

Anyhow, here is a sweet 576XP Autotune-

Husqvarna 576XP X-torq 20 inch Auto Tone Chainsaw super clean | eBay

1950 mall 11 2 man chainsaw | eBay

Looks good but he sandblasted the cylinder walls?? That really does not sound any better than honing to me........

I'm not good with people sandblasting cylinders. Fine particulate gets embedded in the cylinder wall, especially in cylinders with a steel sleeve/iron liner.

A motorcycle mechanic friend of mine will soda blast the combustion chambers of fixed head cylinders but he tapes off the wall and lines it with heavy
fiber paper.

Possible Ebay Scam

Here's a listing for a new stihl 200t from a seller with no sales or feedback and offers no PayPay. He's also promoting sales to his website for so-called new equipment at discounted prices. Something smells fishy to me. Will be watching this listing.

Stihl ms200t | eBay

Power-Sawz-Inc

If this is someone here, please defend yourself.

Last edited:
Here's a listing for a new stihl 200t from a seller with no sales or feedback and offers no PayPay. He's also promoting sales to his website for so-called new equipment at discounted prices. Something smells fishy to me. Will be watching this listing.

Stihl ms200t | eBay

Power-Sawz-Inc

If this is someone here, please defend yourself.

I will bet those are Chinese knockoffs.

Back