I screwed up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not read all 40 some odd posts above, so maybe this has been addressed.

If you are close enough to MAYBE damage the property, then you should have had a rope on it. That you are an employee of less then a year speaks volumes as to the culture of the company. Did you have prior climbing experience when you joined?

I've done the same thing because I got too cocky. I worked it out with the primary contractor that I would finish the job at no charge to him, $500 and a four hour round trip for me. (Never heard back from him, so i hope it was not more then that...)

Would the boss have complained if you had rigged out that evolution, if so then it is his policy and training that went wrong. You should find another employer.

Repair is made. To answer some of the questions, I've been climbing for 6 yrs, good rigger, he just coanstantly pushes on apeed. I'm just not used to.climbing 6 days a week, all day every day. We lost our other climber 2 months ago, and my life has been.hell ever since.

And your in Texas. Life cant get much worse. After 6 years of climbing experience you should of kick that owner in the nuts. Then again being the only climber you should have him by the balls. If you dont mind me asking....what happened to the other climbers? Did they kick the boss in the nuts ? :clap::clap:

this guy you work for reminds me of my last employer. He really isnt a very good tree cutter but is certain that he is. You may wanna think about moving on.

Now!NOw!NOW!

If it's all about production then mistakes are going to happen.
You work 6 days a week and only off on Sunday?
If you've got a clean record and good experience then move on. You're like a bar of soap, one day you're going to be all used up, might as well go to the highest and most responsible bidder for your services. At my age I can look back and say that I sold my soul too many times to the wrong job or boss, no more! Learn from others and don't make the same mistakes just because you're in the middle of it all and can't step back to see the real situation. Be honorable, you've fixed the siding now put out your "for hire" feelers. Allegiance goes both ways. When it's time to go let him know you've found a better opportunity and thank him for the employment.
Steve

He got tired of paying off a 650 a tree fell on, got hung.in the cut. It was a cut he didn't want to.make, above his head. He was only about 5'4, 130, shouldn,t have had that saw imho, but.that's where he was.told.to cut it.

might want to see where he landed. they may need another.

i don't see you (or anyone really) lasting too long at the current gig...

might want to see where he landed. they may need another.

i don't see you (or anyone really) lasting too long at the current gig...

It's important to guage your surroundings. If you don't see anyone there with any tenure then that should be enough to tell you something. If your current employer really doesn't offer decent incentives, then he's sending the same message. Get your own gear as time and budget allows no matter where you go, and don't have a "captive" mentality.
Steve

Back