I want to make a power cart but need a little help.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a idea for a cart that would be 4 foot square with 2 foot sides and mounted to a dump bed and than I was thinking that i could make a 3 rd wheel on the back that had a hydralic motor that I could run with a 5 hp and a pump.
I would add a platform for me to stand on and make it turn .
it would look like a tricycle that was going backwards .
I would then have a easy way to move stuff around the yard and also wood in the winter.
the reason I would use hydraulic is I have a few pumps laying around and also a few pump / motors .

you'd need a wide rear wheel base to prevent it from tipping over. giving the center of gravity alot of consideration is a must with 3 wheels.

Have you considered finding a old, "power buggie" used by cement contractors? And perhaps fixing it up. I dont know if finding a used buggie is even possible, but everything you are describing is exactly what a power is, and does, except with cement.

You might want to try to find an old farmers feed cart. I think that would do what you want, but might be a little tippy.

The cement buggie was what I was going to suggest. Used to run one when I was a laborer and they can haul some weight. Convert it to off road tires.

Matt

Power wagon

I have a dr power wagon, The dump bed is about 3x4, Theres one on ebay right now, But its a little pricy, no one has bid on it , Item # 160199762271 It goes off in 20 hours about 730 wed nite, I picked mine up at the salvage yard, It looked like it fell of a truck at 40 mph, Its a good little unit,and will haul alot of weight, E,J,

the dr power wagon is what I am talking about but the rear wheel would turn with handle bars and there would be a platform to stand on.
I would power the front set of wheels but I could save cash on the diff buy powering the rear.
I have never seen the cement thing you guys speak of so if there is a link to some info that would be great.

Check on Ebay for a concrete buggy, there are several listed. Might be one in your area.

had too

had to respond, i have been around several of the "georgia buggies" in construction.
why not a small briggs and a rear from a disgarded yard tractor. walk behind or sulky, in my demented head, seems easy to weld up.
badcars2:cheers:

Last edited:
Buggy

I have found using a buggy is faster process for my application.. I have 46 bunks set up for wood, splitting into buggy I can place the split wood next to the empty bunk and go back and split another load.
I have found this to be faster than splitting into a trailer and unloading a trailer.
At the end of the day I simply stack the wood in the bunk it takes about 1 hr. with 2 people stacking.:clap: :cheers:

Back