If you could only have one saw what would it be?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One Saw ??

262xp 24" bar

IMG_20111212_081302-1.jpg

Last edited:
If I had to go down to one saw it would be a toss up. Either the MAC 10-10s that was my dads, or the MAC 7-10 that my wife's grandpa gave me. Either way, my ears and fingers are tingling.

If I can keep both of the ones above and add another, it would be a 70cc machine. Either 372, 440, 441, 2171. They're all so stinking good anymore. Lots of hair splitting goes on here. From the list above, I'll take the one with the sharpest chain every time.

I remember you used to claim that the 372xp just sounded mean, but was gutless--just curious as to what changed your mind? I certainly agree, I would keep my 372xp above any saw, even my beloved 346xp.

Tim

Your right , I used to think they were way over rated, Hell the first one I had was a real nice and I didnt keep it but a month or two and down the road, didnt like it. As for what changed my mind, not sure, well me getting old helped alot, The 372 just feels good and is not so bulky as my 7900 s, the one I have now is a xpw with a little work done and it is a beast.

372 XP.

But then there is CAD to think about, and there is no way that I can be a member here and only have only one saw.

Heck for years I thought one saw was enough, but then I joined AS and found out that one saw was not nearly enough.:hmm3grin2orange:

Now about that 562 XP..........

And what about putting a XPW top end on a 365 ........:laugh:

If I had to go down to one saw it would be a toss up. Either the MAC 10-10s that was my dads, or the MAC 7-10 that my wife's grandpa gave me. Either way, my ears and fingers are tingling.

If I can keep both of the ones above and add another, it would be a 70cc machine. Either 372, 440, 441, 2171. They're all so stinking good anymore. Lots of hair splitting goes on here. From the list above, I'll take the one with the sharpest chain every time.

they will make your hands burn and your ears rattle for sure

I think if a 056 mag and a 026 pro mated, they would give birth to the perfect "one saw", the ms460! Odd thing is I don't have one.... But it is tax return time, and firewood season is just around the corner.....

Latest posts

Back