If You Post Pics of Your Girlfriend then So Will I.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In fact, I see alot of UGLY guys here with beautiful HOT American Women. It must be our ruggedness and ability to work with our hands that draws them in and holds them.
Perhaps they realize that REAL MEN play with dangerous stuff like chainsaws (and/or work with them) and it turns them on?

I am a roofer by trade, a notoriously dangerous job, and when I first met Stefanie she thought it was the hottest thing to be dating a "roughneck" type working man. Unfortunately, I think these office types just DONT DO IT for alot of these women. The story below happened about four years ago, and similar things have happened since. I have been pretty lucky with getting girls in my life, maybe I can make them laugh or maybe it is my deep voice - not thinking about it anymore gentleman - just rolling with it.

A few years back when my ex and I were broken up I had a unique experience regarding this. A woman pulled up in a dark green convertible audi on the shoulder of the road when I was sitting at a stoplight. My windows were down and she sort of yelled "This light takes forever, normally I make a right here and go around it - FOLLOW ME!" I turned behind her, we made the right and she pulled over into the shoulder again, so I pulled behind her thinking WTF? She hopped out and WOW - Picture a late 20's early 30's NY girl with the dark hair and attitude. She was so damn sexy in tight jeans and a black tank top, just a vision. Remember the old cindy crawford Pepsi commercial - Yeah - Just one Look....

I was in the F350 4 wheeler (and it looks BEAT UP FELLAS - REAL beat up) with my tools in the single cab passenger seat and some various fence installation tools in the bed - I drive pickups so I don't have to wax them. I don't really care. A few days earlier I had my tailgate stolen so All the shovels were bungee corded to my back headache rack. Just trying to paint the picture for you. I am not very good looking, as you can see from above and the other photo, so I don't normally get approached by women this aggressively..... Especially ones as attractive as her.

She comes sauntering up to the drivers side door and just hops up on my Carr Aluminum single side step while grabbing onto the door sill. She leans in smiling, her face less than a foot away from mine. Tells me basically that she passed me on the highway, slowed down to get a second look, and had been following me for ten minutes. I had the van halen kind of BLASTING so I asked her if she saw me singing. She said that is what made me look so cute and fun. I am NOT one to ruin a good thing when I see it so I joked with her a bit about stalking and told her she looked really hot in her outfit and I would love to meet later for a drink. Got the digits and met her that night.

Now I am not going to go into too much detail. I will mention that she had two or three drinks in an hour of us talking and then we ended up on the bench seat of my pickup - her idea. In the hour we were talking, she basically told me she had been dating alot since her breakup with her boyfriend - he was an office guy and all her dates were office type guys - and she was finding them boring and unadventurous. Of course I had to ask if she had ever done something like she did today (she had not) and what led to her "make this right it's quicker"? Her claim was that she just came up with the idea because she didn't want to just say "you look hot". Hot - Me? What on earth is hot about me in a crappy unwashed pickup, with dirty clothes on and my hands still grubby and messy?

That was exactly it for her you see. She thought the beat up truck, the working mans hands, the ruggedness of it all was just a HUGE turn on. Remember, she flew past me (I drive 60-65 when I have my tools with me) and only got a glimpse, but it was enough to get her juices flowing and enough for her to slow down - get behind me and follow me for miles until I turned where she could set her trap. After this we dated four or five more times but it was really just so she could get laid and feel wanted. This was just fine for me as I couldn't keep my hands off this hottie for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Ultimately I got back together with my (now ex) because she got in a car accident and broke both of her arms. Part pity and part not wanting to leave her in a tight situation I moved back in with her and wasted another few years. My ex also has my two black labradors and they were a big part of me wanting to go back to her. Sick I know. This green audi girl (Kim) texted me about a year or so ago saying she screwed things up with me (she didn't) and she wants me in her life and etc. I was involved, so I told her she was gorgeous with a great personality but she has to OPEN UP and be vulnerable if she wants to fall in love. You have to open up to where you MIGHT get hurt, if you want to fall in love. When it works it is an amazing feeling.

I really hope she has found someone, she is too pretty to be so lonely.

Moral of the story is - have some confidence. All different types of attractive girls (as evidenced here in this thread) can like us ugly working man types. Guys who work with their hands, and more importantly that work with dangerous tools and/or in dangerous situations, just seem to know how to FEEL things out better than others. You know when things are starting to tip OUT of your safety zone and know how to adjust. It is the same with women in many ways.

In fact, I see alot of UGLY guys here with beautiful HOT American Women. It must be our ruggedness and ability to work with our hands that draws them in and holds them.
Perhaps they realize that REAL MEN play with dangerous stuff like chainsaws (and/or work with them) and it turns them on?

I am a roofer by trade, a notoriously dangerous job, and when I first met Stefanie she thought it was the hottest thing to be dating a "roughneck" type working man. Unfortunately, I think these office types just DONT DO IT for alot of these women. The story below happened about four years ago, and similar things have happened since. I have been pretty lucky with getting girls in my life, maybe I can make them laugh or maybe it is my deep voice - not thinking about it anymore gentleman - just rolling with it.

A few years back when my ex and I were broken up I had a unique experience regarding this. A woman pulled up in a dark green convertible audi on the shoulder of the road when I was sitting at a stoplight. My windows were down and she sort of yelled "This light takes forever, normally I make a right here and go around it - FOLLOW ME!" I turned behind her, we made the right and she pulled over into the shoulder again, so I pulled behind her thinking WTF? She hopped out and WOW - Picture a late 20's early 30's NY girl with the dark hair and attitude. She was so damn sexy in tight jeans and a black tank top, just a vision. Remember the old cindy crawford Pepsi commercial - Yeah - Just one Look....

I was in the F350 4 wheeler (and it looks BEAT UP FELLAS - REAL beat up) with my tools in the single cab passenger seat and some various fence installation tools in the bed - I drive pickups so I don't have to wax them. I don't really care. A few days earlier I had my tailgate stolen so All the shovels were bungee corded to my back headache rack. Just trying to paint the picture for you. I am not very good looking, as you can see from above and the other photo, so I don't normally get approached by women this aggressively..... Especially ones as attractive as her.

She comes sauntering up to the drivers side door and just hops up on my Carr Aluminum single side step while grabbing onto the door sill. She leans in smiling, her face less than a foot away from mine. Tells me basically that she passed me on the highway, slowed down to get a second look, and had been following me for ten minutes. I had the van halen kind of BLASTING so I asked her if she saw me singing. She said that is what made me look so cute and fun. I am NOT one to ruin a good thing when I see it so I joked with her a bit about stalking and told her she looked really hot in her outfit and I would love to meet later for a drink. Got the digits and met her that night.

Now I am not going to go into too much detail. I will mention that she had two or three drinks in an hour of us talking and then we ended up on the bench seat of my pickup - her idea. In the hour we were talking, she basically told me she had been dating alot since her breakup with her boyfriend - he was an office guy and all her dates were office type guys - and she was finding them boring and unadventurous. Of course I had to ask if she had ever done something like she did today (she had not) and what led to her "make this right it's quicker"? Her claim was that she just came up with the idea because she didn't want to just say "you look hot". Hot - Me? What on earth is hot about me in a crappy unwashed pickup, with dirty clothes on and my hands still grubby and messy?

That was exactly it for her you see. She thought the beat up truck, the working mans hands, the ruggedness of it all was just a HUGE turn on. Remember, she flew past me (I drive 60-65 when I have my tools with me) and only got a glimpse, but it was enough to get her juices flowing and enough for her to slow down - get behind me and follow me for miles until I turned where she could set her trap. After this we dated four or five more times but it was really just so she could get laid and feel wanted. This was just fine for me as I couldn't keep my hands off this hottie for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Ultimately I got back together with my (now ex) because she got in a car accident and broke both of her arms. Part pity and part not wanting to leave her in a tight situation I moved back in with her and wasted another few years. My ex also has my two black labradors and they were a big part of me wanting to go back to her. Sick I know. This green audi girl (Kim) texted me about a year or so ago saying she screwed things up with me (she didn't) and she wants me in her life and etc. I was involved, so I told her she was gorgeous with a great personality but she has to OPEN UP and be vulnerable if she wants to fall in love. You have to open up to where you MIGHT get hurt, if you want to fall in love. When it works it is an amazing feeling.

I really hope she has found someone, she is too pretty to be so lonely.

Moral of the story is - have some confidence. All different types of attractive girls (as evidenced here in this thread) can like us ugly working man types. Guys who work with their hands, and more importantly that work with dangerous tools and/or in dangerous situations, just seem to know how to FEEL things out better than others. You know when things are starting to tip OUT of your safety zone and know how to adjust. It is the same with women in many ways.

Great story Jameson. Fellow Roofer here. Couldn't agree more with your take on it. Have had similar experiences. Usually when least expected, after a hard day...lol. Met my wife in an insurance office. She was constantly hit on by suit & tie guys, & guys with much deeper wallets. She certainly had better offers yet, been married 20+yrs now.

Last year in Dec, my father was in a nursing home for a couple weeks after a surgery. I went to visit him with my sister. This amazing hottie was attending to him. She was in her 20's & smoking hot. She noticed my wedding band, & proceeded to tell me about her boyfriend, & young son. We shared a laugh or two, that was about it. Good thing she couldn't read my mind..haha. My sister later told me, she was weak in the knees, when she met me, & that my rugged appearance, beard & all really turned her on, & how sick of girly or "metro" men she was....... Quite a compliment when some hottie 20yrs younger says something like that. I would've never guessed, even though my sister said it was obvious. However, after being married for a couple decades, I guess my radar doesn't notice stuff like that anymore unless it's hit you with a brick obvious...lol.

Great story Jameson. Fellow Roofer here. Couldn't agree more with your take on it. Have had similar experiences. Usually when least expected, after a hard day...lol. Met my wife in an insurance office. She was constantly hit on by suit & tie guys, & guys with much deeper wallets. She certainly had better offers yet, been married 20+yrs now.

Last year in Dec, my father was in a nursing home for a couple weeks after a surgery. I went to visit him with my sister. This amazing hottie was attending to him. She was in her 20's & smoking hot. She noticed my wedding band, & proceeded to tell me about her boyfriend, & young son. We shared a laugh or two, that was about it. Good thing she couldn't read my mind..haha. My sister later told me, she was weak in the knees, when she met me, & that my rugged appearance, beard & all really turned her on, & how sick of girly or "metro" men she was....... Quite a compliment when some hottie 20yrs younger says something like that. I would've never guessed, even though my sister said it was obvious. However, after being married for a couple decades, I guess my radar doesn't notice stuff like that anymore unless it's hit you with a brick obvious...lol.

Two of my good friends own a roofing company. They are roofing a building on the City wharf right now. The City requires them to pay "living wages". They have to pay their employees $52.00/hour! Not bad wages for someone who doesn't speak English. BTW they don't ever have white guys apply for work.

Two of my good friends own a roofing company. They are roofing a building on the City wharf right now. The City requires them to pay "living wages". They have to pay their employees $52.00/hour! Not bad wages for someone who doesn't speak English. BTW they don't ever have white guys apply for work.

The industry has been trending that way for awhile now. It's hard work, it's dangerous work, regardless what facet of the industry you are in. Most young people aren't interested. Few look for a career in Roofing. The only exception that I've seen.... would be in rural areas, like where I live, and micro sized companies. Most all of the large operations in urban areas you'd have to be bi-lingual or Spanish speaking to be employable in a field position.

My operation today is definitely micro-sized. While I miss the income from a decent sized company, I don't miss the headaches, the responsibilities, or the overhead. I love the profession though. Always have. I would rather have a conversation with a problem roof, or a 100 year old house than most people these days...lol. The biggest issues/problems I see, probably like many industries, is labor related. It's always satisfying to come up with unique, & or, permanent solutions to nagging problems. Plus, it's always something different. Once you think you've "seen it all", something else makes you laugh, or surprises you.

I like these threads. Great to see people's families!
Here is my other half Tracy - she's off a farm so likes getting her hands dirty and loves shooting, chainsaws etc. We've been together 17 years this year and engaged for just over 11 years. We'll get married one day :) We met at university in 1993 studying Agricultural Science. I knew I liked her when she had .22 Magnum, .22/250, and 30/06 shells lined up along her bookcase!
Took this photo yesterday when trying out some new lounges. Our little daughter is just over 2 1/2 years old. She makes me laugh every day.

I feel a kindred to you all....... We have a roof!

Latest posts

Back