If you were to move to another planet,lots of woods there and only ONE chainsaw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abikerboy

abikerboy

ArboristSite Operative
Would take one of my Mac 10-10's....would probably say the newer PM10-10S!! So far, it is an unkillable saw, and even though it's not one of the fastest out there, I think the thing would pull any size bar & chain that I could bolt to it!

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
I just don't (Homelite 750) know...........I mean (Homelite 750) unlimited fuel/oil and (Homelite 750) parts huh? Well (Homelite 750) that would mean (Homelite 750) that any era saw would (Homelite 750) be viable. I guess (Homelite 750) i'll just (Homelite 750) have to give this one (Homelite 750) some serious thought. Maybe an (Homelite 750) old Homelite.:hmm3grin2orange:

trailmaker

trailmaker

ArboristSite Operative
Don't plan on cutting much big stuff do ya'll? haha

What if it is the planet full of 450 foot tall redwoods?

I'd make myself a crazy timber frame mansion. I always thought it was a shame that those huge trees cut down in the old days weren't used to make gigantic timbers.

Last edited:
trailmaker

trailmaker

ArboristSite Operative
Old Days? Just when do you think the old days were?

They did make big timbers for bridges, water towers, barns and such. Many were hand split, not sawn.

Oh sure I know about timberframing and it's history. I'm saying that on this hypothetical planet full of massive trees I'd make beams like ten feet by ten feet and 50 feet long. Obviously that was never practical or economical here but you sure could make some impressive stuff with beams like that.

Latest posts