If you're on a deserted island, what 2 saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
id have to wonder the tree size on the island if trees are in the smaller category(nothing bigger then 40") id oick up brand spankn new 260 and a 460. 16" and 28" bar

if the trees can go over 40"s id get the 260 and 660 with 28" and 40" or whatever lenght close to 40 that they come in

It's the end of the world, chainsaw manufacturing is outlawed, pick your poison. If you could only have two chainsaws for everything--what would they be?

Stihl 090 for the big stuff and a homelite 750 for the limbing and small stuff or whichever saw is being held by one of the models on this years stihl calender.

Hmmmmmm....... This could change things Tzed!

Heck yeah Women on the island could change things. The whole time your on the island she's going to be nagging about why do you need TWO chainsaws.

If I was on an island. I would have to build shelter, so I want a 395xp to cut and a 090 to mill.

If I was two use only 2 saws for the rest of my life for firewood it would be a 395xp/28" bar and a 372xp/24" bar. It's also nice to have two saws that take the same bars and chains.

Last two saws I could ever have for survival........easy. Two 028supers, not sexy but they are bulletproof, durable performers. And like Cantdog says about his pair of Jreds, having a pair means you could donate parts. Not that they'd ever break mind you...............:hmm3grin2orange:

If no gas, then give me a good axe and crosscut saw. Done.

I would take an MS290 with me, easy choice for three reasons:

1. If there is a tropical typhoon coming up,
I would hold on tight to it to guarantee that I
won't blow away from the island.

2. When I start to hallucinate from lack of food and water,
I can't hurt myself with it.

3. I would try to build a raft from what I find on the island,
so an anchor would come in handy.

I would take an MS290 with me, easy choice for three reasons:

1. If there is a tropical typhoon coming up,
I would hold on tight to it to guarantee that I
won't blow away from the island.

2. When I start to hallucinate from lack of food and water,
I can't hurt myself with it.

3. I would try to build a raft from what I find on the island,
so an anchor would come in handy.

Peter,

I'm thinking of starting a thread, "You're a Stihl 290, which 2 sawyers on a deserted island?".

I guess you and Niko would be the concensus, so it renders the thread pointless.

Happy sawing,

ole joat

Peter,

I'm thinking of starting a thread, "You're a Stihl 290, which 2 sawyers on a deserted island?".

I guess you and Niko would be the concensus, so it renders the thread pointless.

Happy sawing,

ole joat

Me and Niko with a 290, it would be like throwing a piece of glowing metal between us, noone would like to keep the hands on it.

Back