Illegal arborists

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who (what agency) would you report them to, and what specifically would you report them for?

Oh, that's easy. The CFLFWLA (Connecticut Fair Labor Fire Wood Licensing Agency) for violation of Article 214.3 (operating an unregistered firewood business while trying to keep your house out of foreclosure and food on your table)

What happens when the girl scouts knock on your door to sell cookies, do you call the cops and have the 8 year old girl hauled away for selling without a license?

I'd have trouble living a life of viewer screens, thought police and Victory cigarettes.

More on topic. Your safest bet for firewood is to buy it in bundles from the convenience store. They are insured against your own self-destruction.

Their costs reflect the amount of insurance needed to protect them self. Firewood cutters are able to offer a less expensive alternative fuel to heat your home and for this you want to penalize them? You asked the wrong question at the wrong time in the wrong place to the wrong people.

Firewood dealers don't require your help to stay in business. Unscrupulous people selling wood or anything don't last long as a rule, on their own.

KSwoodsman, rep you tomorrow, out for today. Anyone who reads the classics deserves it. Reading about Prince Myshkin right now, if you can tell me who wrote the book with him in it, (without google'ing) you get double rep.

Iowa

KSwoodsman, rep you tomorrow, out for today. Anyone who reads the classics deserves it. Reading about Prince Myshkin right now, if you can tell me who wrote the book with him in it, (without google'ing) you get double rep.

Iowa

1984 was mandatory reading for my 5th grade class. It should be mandatory reading for every American.

Oh no the wood patrol is knocking on my door.... lol this is to funny... :givebeer:

firewood

They should bring her some Alanthis, I hear it burns nice in a rats stove. She's sounds like the one of those people who just jumped on the woodstove bandwagon. Shut your piehole and get your own wood!!!

Iowa

Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Talk about having your car break down in the wrong part of town!

This thread is awesome and for all the wrong reasons!

Man, do I appreciate all you guys! Even the OP.
I posted on this topic last night when I was tired from a very full day of wood cutting and the OP really got under my skin.
Now this morning it was refreshing to kick back with a nice cup of caffeine and enjoy the comments left be everyone. Not only do woodcutters have a rough spot to fill in this big ole world, they also have some of the best traits of humor in them as well.
Really guys, you are the swellest bunch of folks ever to come across the DSL lines, not only do you work hard, but you have maintained your sense of humor as well.
Thanks OP!you may be a troll, but you gave everyone the chance to flex their comedy muscles as well. Everyone have a great day, and keep those chains and wits sharp.

Now look what y'all have done. You went and chased ANTI TREE CUTTER off. Why can't you guys just play nice. Ya gotta get 'em used to the abuse a little at a time soes they won't leave too fast. Now what am I gonna do the rest of the day? :cry: :cry:

Insurance for firewood delivery

Very entertaining thread - had a good laugh reading through the last few pages.

Not to suggest that the average guy that makes a few extra dollars selling firewood should consider liability insurance, however, for those who do it for a living it is not a bad idea to consider. I carry 2 million in liability for my part time firewood business and feel a lot safer having it. Fully loaded my Dodge 2500 with 8x14 dumper weighs lose to 20,000lb. It has blind spots and backing into tight driveways is not always easy. Nice to know that if I did happen to back over someone or something I wouldn't be totally screwed.

Very entertaining thread - had a good laugh reading through the last few pages.

Not to suggest that the average guy that makes a few extra dollars selling firewood should consider liability insurance, however, for those who do it for a living it is not a bad idea to consider. I carry 2 million in liability for my part time firewood business and feel a lot safer having it. Fully loaded my Dodge 2500 with 8x14 dumper weighs lose to 20,000lb. It has blind spots and backing into tight driveways is not always easy. Nice to know that if I did happen to back over someone or something I wouldn't be totally screwed.

I think that is what insurance should be, a volunteer thing, not a mandatory thing regulated by the government. Personally I carry full coverage on my truck, and it covers me no matter what happens but the key phrase is volunteer, not mandatory.
With the kind of weight that your truck can carry, I would also want some assurance if the unforeseeable happens.

Boy, it used to be that this forum could be used to help educate new members, not smack them into the ground. I think your points were pretty well made after the first dozen or so. It was nice to see a few constructive posts. I don't see much reason of being on this forum if you aren't her to give constructive advice or ask for it. I would most likely bet that the original poster has a much brighter opinion of people in the tree industry after all those constructive posts.:notrolls2: :sucks: :sucks:

I kinda looked at it as walking into the lions den, kicking the :censored: out of a few lions, then looked surprised when they turned on you.
Too me, the OP showed very poor respect to the hardworking folks that hang out here to learn something, share their vast knowledge of the trade, and their willingness to help someone when they ask a newbie question. To me, the desire to bash a newbie was provoked by the OP who was carrying an insane desire to stir up trouble.

I kinda looked at it as walking into the lions den, kicking the :censored: out of a few lions, then looked surprised when they turned on you.
Too me, the OP showed very poor respect to the hardworking folks that hang out here to learn something, share their vast knowledge of the trade, and their willingness to help someone when they ask a newbie question. To me, the desire to bash a newbie was provoked by the OP who was carrying an insane desire to stir up trouble.

I think the hardest part of an internet forum is to know someone's intent if they aren't clear in a post. Later on he mentioned liability and certified arborists. If his intent was to protect himself/and only use certified arborists, then knowing if he should use licensed/insured people is a legitimate concern, especially if he is just venturing into the wood burning realm. If his intent was to report them for no other reason, then, tempered criticism is warranted. I am so thankful to the people out there that tolerated my idiotic questions when I first became a member. I had no idea where else to find the information I was looking for.

It bugs me that people get bashed so easily on the internet because it is anonymous. I am a teacher, so imagine if I treated a student in my school like this guy was treated. I look at it as a teaching opportunity lost. If I belittled a student like was done to this guy, I most likely would be searching for a new job. I have posted about this in the past. It is my opinion, so everyone please take it as such.

Boy, it used to be that this forum could be used to help educate new members, not smack them into the ground. I think your points were pretty well made after the first dozen or so. It was nice to see a few constructive posts. I don't see much reason of being on this forum if you aren't her to give constructive advice or ask for it. I would most likely bet that the original poster has a much brighter opinion of people in the tree industry after all those constructive posts.:notrolls2: :sucks: :sucks:

99.999% of the time anyone who posts a question in here gets helped out. i've yet to see anyone post a problem and not get an answer.

as for constructive advice, what would you have offered the OP'ster? hopefully the opinion one gets of the people around here is that they take their job seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back