Illegal arborists

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I hire you and you back over my neighbor and kill her, what happens next?
Thats easy. The back of my truck is now empty. Load the old gal in the back and I can find a hole somewhere.
if your neighbor doesnt have enough sense to get away from a pickup backing up with a beeper sounding, she has outlived her usefulness.
In all seriousness, we can play what if games until my fingers fall off and we would never cover them all. I can tell you I have never ran over a senior citizen, either forwards or backwards.
the what if games will do nothing but incite the members of this board for several reasons.
One, almost everyone here that sells wood does not have a license. We do it for an excuse to run our saws and to make a little money.
Two, almost everyone here has a great deal of common sense, if you spend a little more time on the boards you will see that.99 percent of the guys on here are great guys(and gals) that commune here for the common ground we all hold. We love our saws, we love to cut wood, and we love to share our ideas and gripes.
Three, nobody, NOBODY, is going to entertain the idea that officials should be called in to regulate our interests. Most of the people on these boards come from all walks of life but share a common dislike for government regulations that will do nothing for us but take money out of our pockets.
Cutting wood is one of the most difficult jobs there is, and pro arborists do some of the most dangerous jobs in this country. I am not a pro, but i DO TIP MY HAT TO THOSE THAT ARE. They are by far some of the most hardworking guys around, and they do not need any special permits to regulate the sale of firewood. The idea of turning them in to Uncle Sam is just pure meaness because the decide to make a little money for the family instead of asking for a handout in the welfare office. If everyone that needed money did for themselves like woodcutters do, our welfare tax dollars would be left to those that really need it rather than those that just dont want to work.
Okay, i have vacated my stump now......
NEXT!

+1 avalancher.

Is she for real? What does anti TC mean?

Since this lady has a neighbor like you, I wouldn't be surprised if she jumped behind the truck on purpose.

Sometimes I look at people, like you and just can't figure out what makes you tick. Lets just say I'm glad you aren't my neighbor.

Where I'm from, people go to great lengths to even scores. Nails in the driveway, brake fluid poured over vehicles, rotten eggs, skunk piss and frozen paintballs from a paintball gun work wonders on windows.

Sometimes its best not to make waves.

The coroner will have to come out and say, "yep, she's dead" and then they'll take her to the morgue. A funeral home will go pick her body up and prepare it for services. After that they'll have services and then take her to the graveyard and bury her.

That pretty much sums it up. :D

i wonder if anti-tc is anti tree climber.....

or anti-tree cutter........

all kidding aside.....i don't like chasing anyone from the forum. maybe anti-tc just worded his/her concerns wrong and left it open for misinterpretations.

Last edited:
I need to have some firewood delivered to my home. A couple of co-workers have heard about this, and are anxious to help. The problem is that I know they're not licensed in our home state. Should I go with them or a licensed individual? Should I report them to the authorities?

Turn in your co-workers? Gee, I'll bet your one popular fella, (girl?), at work.

Some people never really get past the "I'm tellin!" stage of childhood where in their inability to make friends, they they cozy up to the nearest authority figure who is able to punish/hurt the other children. The tattle-tale, while temporarily immune from retaliation, further withdraws from his angry playmates in a cycle of dwindling self respect. The result as we see here is a person who would turn in his co-workers who have offered to help him find some wood. The fact that they would offer to help you at all, indicates that they probably don't know you very well.

I suggest that you give up your search for either pellets or firewood. In either case, it requires that you will have to interact with other human beings, which is obviously a skill that you have yet to master. I think that your best course of action would be to knit yourself a nice warm sweater. Knitting sounds like it would be a good fit for you, and it would also give you some quiet time to reflect on how to improve relations with your co-workers.

I just checked the profile and it seems the original poster may be a women. There's a saying: If they got one, they can be one.

Last edited:
OP, you ever read "1984"??? you should...If you want the price of your wood to absolutely skyrocket, you should continue your quest to have us "wood guys" regulated, licensed and insured.

Who (what agency) would you report them to, and what specifically would you report them for?

OP, you ever read "1984"??? you should...If you want the price of your wood to absolutely skyrocket, you should continue your quest to have us "wood guys" regulated, licensed and insured.

I'd have trouble living a life of viewer screens, thought police and Victory cigarettes.

More on topic. Your safest bet for firewood is to buy it in bundles from the convenience store. They are insured against your own self-destruction.

Their costs reflect the amount of insurance needed to protect them self. Firewood cutters are able to offer a less expensive alternative fuel to heat your home and for this you want to penalize them? You asked the wrong question at the wrong time in the wrong place to the wrong people.

Firewood dealers don't require your help to stay in business. Unscrupulous people selling wood or anything don't last long as a rule, on their own.

I need to have some firewood delivered to my home. A couple of co-workers have heard about this, and are anxious to help. The problem is that I know they're not licensed in our home state. Should I go with them or a licensed individual? Should I report them to the authorities?

Man your a real sweetheart. You know what the mafia does to rats?

Thats easy. The back of my truck is now empty. Load the old gal in the back and I can find a hole somewhere.
if your neighbor doesnt have enough sense to get away from a pickup backing up with a beeper sounding, she has outlived her usefulness.
In all seriousness, we can play what if games until my fingers fall off and we would never cover them all. I can tell you I have never ran over a senior citizen, either forwards or backwards.
the what if games will do nothing but incite the members of this board for several reasons.
One, almost everyone here that sells wood does not have a license. We do it for an excuse to run our saws and to make a little money.
Two, almost everyone here has a great deal of common sense, if you spend a little more time on the boards you will see that.99 percent of the guys on here are great guys(and gals) that commune here for the common ground we all hold. We love our saws, we love to cut wood, and we love to share our ideas and gripes.
Three, nobody, NOBODY, is going to entertain the idea that officials should be called in to regulate our interests. Most of the people on these boards come from all walks of life but share a common dislike for government regulations that will do nothing for us but take money out of our pockets.
Cutting wood is one of the most difficult jobs there is, and pro arborists do some of the most dangerous jobs in this country. I am not a pro, but i DO TIP MY HAT TO THOSE THAT ARE. They are by far some of the most hardworking guys around, and they do not need any special permits to regulate the sale of firewood. The idea of turning them in to Uncle Sam is just pure meaness because the decide to make a little money for the family instead of asking for a handout in the welfare office. If everyone that needed money did for themselves like woodcutters do, our welfare tax dollars would be left to those that really need it rather than those that just dont want to work.
Okay, i have vacated my stump now......
NEXT!

Nah, keep going. :givebeer:

i wonder if anti-tc is anti tree climber.....

or anti-tree cutter........

all kidding aside.....i don't like chasing anyone from the forum. maybe anti-tc just worded his/her concerns wrong and left it open for misinterpretations.

Perhaps, but sometimes even myself learn the hard way once in a great while. This might be her once in a while'.

Last edited:
Dear Anti TC:

It is truly odd that you would consider government involvement a solution for any problem. Generally, I find government intervention to be costly and inefficient while, providing unsatisfactory results.

We all know there is nothing quite as permanent as a temporary government program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back