I'm fustrated....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about bidding and just driving over there for a local pickup. Looks like this is well outside of my comfort zone already. For that coin I could finish the 181 and send it over to MM for some cost savings, or just box up a 660 and send it off (FedEx, of course.)

So is anyone trying to get the $ back out of the USPS on this one, or is it a write off? I actually could care less about the disposition of the saw, but the theft of $1000 or so of Randy's money and time should be the issue here. The idea of calling 60 minutes was mentioned. Lots of photographic proof here to make an interesting story.

I thought about bidding and just driving over there for a local pickup. Looks like this is well outside of my comfort zone already. For that coin I could finish the 181 and send it over to MM for some cost savings, or just box up a 660 and send it off (FedEx, of course.)

So is anyone trying to get the $ back out of the USPS on this one, or is it a write off? I actually could care less about the disposition of the saw, but the theft of $1000 or so of Randy's money and time should be the issue here. The idea of calling 60 minutes was mentioned. Lots of photographic proof here to make an interesting story.

Ya, like, how did the saw get used between being "lost in the mail" and auctioned off?

No one I've talked to seems to even be surprised. I guess the USPS is above reproach.

How did this individual end up with all these saws at an auction?

My guess is he used the sniff test, or just looked for the prominent oil spots on the boxes?

I have got saws UPS or USPS that should have been put in quarantine for all the fluids leaking from the boxes.

That said, hope it all works out for you.

'Course there is the "conspiracy theory".

Inside job, fella puts the "good stuff" to the side and has his "accomplice" bid the stuff at auction.

Highly probable if the said "hole" is at the same distribution site eh?

US postal is falling fast, perhaps some dudes are doing a little side job.

It SUCKS, hope you nail 'em to the wall!

'Course there is the "conspiracy theory".

Inside job, fella puts the "good stuff" to the side and has his "accomplice" bid the stuff at auction.

Highly probable if the said "hole" is at the same distribution site eh?

US postal is falling fast, perhaps some dudes are doing a little side job.

It SUCKS, hope you nail 'em to the wall!

Who knows. all we do know is the post officer owes him the money for "losing" it, failing to return it when they had his info, then selling it at auction. They should pay that claim.

I bet there are thousands of horror stories out there where valuable stuff got "lost" and sold. Until this thread, I didn't know they only paid 2% of claims, that is just horrid and should result in alarm bells going off within the postal law enforcement community, the inspectors there.

As I was reading through the thread a similar thought crossed my mind about notifying a news agency to cover the story about the ineptitude of the USPS and it would make for interesting viewing about how they lost the saw, couldn't find it, refused to pay for the lost saw and then the saw is auctioned off and ended up on ebay. A second thought followed my first one that Randy might not want his saw modding business brought to widespread public attention where EPA, and maybe others, might bring down upon him a load of grief. I think I would just let a sleeping dog lie. Just sayin'.

Latest posts

Back