Im not one to rip on someone...... but.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm too old to run anything like that. That thing looks nasty. I've seen those blades crack and snap off. Why not use a Hyd Chainsaw on there.

That looks dangerous and way too slow to be practical. Could we be looking at something that is still a work in progress? I'm just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Without any splitter function, he basically just has an awkward, overbuilt table saw that is dying to hurt you any which way it can... When he adjusted that log in front of the spinning blade I almost had to look away.

Last edited:
Saw that video a when it first appered on "The Tube"...and my reaction is still the same...

Why?:msp_confused:

That looks dangerous and way too slow to be practical. Could we be looking at something that is still a work in progress? I'm just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Without any splitter function, he basically just has an awkward, overbuilt table saw that is dying to hurt you any which way it can... When he adjusted that log in front of the spinning blade I almost had to look away.

yep - just a big chop saw - not a processor.

It looks like a large buzz saw from a tractor with a hydralic feed. Looks dangerous and slow. I could outcut it with my stihl 026. A real proccesor is nice but this would slow down production.

Yeah, I couldn't help but think this could easily turn into a rotten.com video real quick!

Definitely slower than any half decent chainsaw could do it. Not to mention, I'm sure it burns more gas to run that beast than my 55 Rancher uses for the same amount of work done.

-Sean

It would slow our firewood operation way down. I'm all for hillbilly/farm inventions, we try stuff all the time, but that thing is dangerous.

I liked how he was pushing and shoving on that log right near to that big spinning blade.......one slip there and it would be all over.....that guys is nuts !!!!!

Henry and Wanda

A for effort. F for fail. Maybe there are a few not needed in the old gene pool. Just sayin. I wouldn't be anywhere near that old probably dull buzz saw blade with my dome.

painfully slow ,dangerous ,yet still labor intensive :msp_wink:

....and the benefit of this machine is ????

It's all a matter of perspective.

He's got the right idea, just needs a fair bit of refinement. Not sure I would want to be that close adjusting logs....:dizzy:

You know.....we can say a lot about what's wrong here. Any of you take a look at some of the older machines that required the operators skill? Without those machines we wouldn't have what we have today. The start of most of the older machines were built like these guys. Here’s what I see. There’s a log rack with logs waiting. He has a powered log advance. He has a powered clamp to keep the log in position. Who knows how long he’s been working on this. Maybe a splitter is his next build.

Did any of you notice the guard he has to keep things away from the blade? I think that from the camera angle he looks a lot closer. I had to take another look.

Yes the thing is burning a lot more fuel than a saw would. Yes it's slower than a sharp saw. The guy will probably figure that out and build something else with the iron. Any one know what this thing was in it’s former life? He probably had most/all of the materials for this machine laying around the farm

The guy had an idea and went for it.

I'd like to see some of machines the responders to this thread have built. What type of work did they do? If they’re already on YouTube, post a link.

I’m not trying to start a fight. It’s just easy to bash someone from a keyboard.

My uncle has a blade about that size on the front of his Massey Harris. It's run off the pto belt. It has no blade gaurd. I've run it with him one time, and I'll never do it again. I've never been so scared of a saw in my life, and I use saws every day at work....

Back