I'm so excited!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
And I just can't hide it
I'm about to cream my jeans
And I think I like it!

Yeah, well, who wouldn't be right? Its downright perfect weather for work and will be til about mid July. Gonna have to ease up a bit then soes I don't break a sweat:cool2: BUT it shore looks good out there now!

Not only have I gotten two new refferals come in but all I had to do to book a months work was make a couple of calls. I mean how cool iz zat? I have some decent help on the ground and I told Plas he could work when he could and that I would pay him what the job is worth, not by how long it took him. Takes a lot of stress off of me cause then I don't have to holler at him for being so slow and it takes the stress off of him cause he don't have to be hollered at for being so slow. Win Win they call that.

I also contacted the arboreteum ,where I received much of my formal training, to see about entering some programs and cirriculum to enhance my status. I am talking with one of the editors of their monthly rag and they may let me write an article... so I hightailed it down to the library for books on writing:dizzy:. No, its not that bad and I have a decent enough idea what to do. When I asked the editor what tone and how much clutter I think she realized I had some writing ability... at least I hope so. The article would be about some event the arboreteum had and the honors bestowed upon the arboreteum. We will see.

See what I mean? I am just bustin! Even with this little knee surgery and my wife's job in arrears there are just to many possibilties. The surgery is just a quick nip actually, like removing a hangnail. I may need further treatments down the road but I think I should feel better soon. My wife has many great possibilties as well. She really likes her job and would be sad if her and her friends got the boot. She would go on though.

I was digging those bulb holes for America Responds, a charitable organization, which does many, many things under government subsidy. I made some longterm connections and got a better idea where I want to go and can go with my business and knowledge of trees. Ain't nothing wrong with a little government subsidy, ain't nothing wrong with a whole lot either.

I can't say for certain exactly where I would go but I feel I am being pulled. Maybe its the drugs, maybe its the fact that while I do really love running around the countryside doing treework I think I am now bored of where I sit and now wish to climb higher, further, broader.
No, my #### ain't for sale and I am not close to thinking that unless I died or got hurt bad. I love to peform the art of treework, love that ####!

Anyway, with the other excitements of spring I guess I got a little carried away. Its always exciting when you realize that there is much more to life than what you have allready done.

Last edited:
you wanna trade ground men?

Hey Dan,
I am excited that you are excited. I'm in a similar situation here in Arkansas. My project to renew my aerial lift is almost finished so I can get to work and we have plenty of jobs waiting; my customers won't use the two competitors because they are amateurs even though they bought lots of equipment. I don't envy their debt on loans!
My ground man is pretty fast but he doesn't think about where he going, so he wastes steps. If your ground man is slow mebbe you could encourage him to think! My guy Darrell is one hell of a guy; a Sout leader, a First Responder Vol. fireman, runs three herds of cows and yet works with four crippled fingers. But he can outwork other guys I've had who had eight good fingers and two thumbs usually stuck in their ears! LOL
I pray for your knee to work well and not slow you down. Be safe up there! I bought a Silky Zigat saw from Kuemmerling at at the Milwaukee EXPO. In Pittsburgh I bought a long handle Fanno for my lift bucket but haven't used it yet.
Sherm

Guess I need to swing thru next week and ride that pink cloud with ya. save me some real climbing, tho bro, I'm not a bucketbiatch.....:hmm3grin2orange:

Im gonna make a shirt that has I'M A BUCKETBIATCH, think it will sell! The one that says im not!

But really, I am!
Until I get that wraptor, then I will be a wraptorwench

The last eight weeks have flown by.

Well, what do you think, are they working or not? I should probably tell you that if you took em you would be so happy and carefree you'd run right out and kiss a Mexican. I just know it.
Ohmigosh, where does time go? I got the aerial lift renewal finished in May and started tree service work trying to catch up. Meanwhile my business of making and selling spinning tops has done fairly good...sold 180 since mid-April.
Enjoyed working a project with a buddy to plan how he can bore cedar for wooden flutes using a Forstner bit and extensions.
Days are getting awfully hot and humid.
Take care and work safely.

Latest posts

Back