I'm so excited !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen44

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
about my utility bill ...never thought I’d hear myself say that !

so last year the bill for same 2 months was $905

adjusted for this years rate increase = $1127

this years after heating with Taylor 750 OWB = $397

- what can i say !!!

- what can i say !!!
Congrats!

So based on this, the cost of your OWB (installed), equipment, fuel (gas, wood, etc), and time, what's your payback?

- what can i say !!!

Now thats what its all about.:greenchainsaw:

Just think, if you had installed an IWS (inside wood stove) instead of an OWB, you'd have done that with half the initial cost and half the firewood. ;)

Just messin' with ya... Had to throw that out there to bring you back down just a tad... the sun is bright and hot up there in the clouds... LOL

Ian

My last gas bill was 33 cents. They actually sent me a bill for 33 cents. It cost them more to mail it. My gas furnace hasn't run yet this season.

My last gas bill was 33 cents. They actually sent me a bill for 33 cents. It cost them more to mail it. My gas furnace hasn't run yet this season.

Around these parts, even if you were to use 0 gas you would still get a pretty large bill. They charge a pipeline fee and all kinds of other crap. What a way to do buisness, charge out your overhead, then rake you over the coals for the product. And all with a big stamp of approval from the regulatory board. I get really sick of everybody tring to pick my pocket.

:angrysoapbox:

We haven't had a propane bill in 2 years now, the tank is shut off at the valve on the tank.

gas bill

well my bill didnt do what i really wanted. went down 30 bucks was 2 days longer for the billing cycle and a much colder part of the year. the min they charge is 25 if i use any gas or not and my bill was $62 for dec 9th to jan 9th. my parents was $320 for a house twice the size so id say it should be 160 for my house. $3000 wood stove installed brand new and chimney liner. it will take a few years for payback but i just feel better knowing storms,power outage, or oil embargo i wont freeze. but i will have the hole family living in my house if that day ever comes.

i used to use oil to heat and to heat the water. i sitched over to a electric whater heater and drained the oil burner and shut everything down. i left everything on shutoff valves so i can easily switch back if i want to. but i honestly dont ever see that happening.

sweet i just noticed this is my 1000th post !!

Congrats!

So based on this, the cost of your OWB (installed), equipment, fuel (gas, wood, etc), and time, what's your payback?

It will be about 4 years - that includes the cost of the chainsaws and cutting the wood etc.

Just think, if you had installed an IWS (inside wood stove) instead of an OWB, you'd have done that with half the initial cost and half the firewood. ;)

Just messin' with ya... Had to throw that out there to bring you back down just a tad... the sun is bright and hot up there in the clouds... LOL

Ian[/QUOTE

i'm not sure that is the case with a 3200 sq ft single story house . :greenchainsaw:

Around these parts, even if you were to use 0 gas you would still get a pretty large bill. They charge a pipeline fee and all kinds of other crap. What a way to do buisness, charge out your overhead, then rake you over the coals for the product. And all with a big stamp of approval from the regulatory board. I get really sick of everybody tring to pick my pocket.

Wait til O'Bammy gets in office.

My bill also includes these bs charges. They charge me something like a $9 dollar monthly fee just for being a customer. No other businesses can get away with this kind of extortion. Imagine if the grocery store tried to charge you a monthly fee just to walk in the door.

Well i had a bill which they read for both months which we owed for two months was $71 , that was mostly for my hot water tank which is gas. They adjusted our budget to $42 a month ,yeh, happy about that. Was in the sixties. ran the furnace only couple times and that is when my daughter was home from school and she was the only one here. DIdnt trust here by herself with the wood furnace going. Us stove 1557 heating a 2500 sq house. west virginia

Yes it is so nice to have a problem like constantly rising energy costs and be able to *do something* to reduce these costs, rather than just being a stuck in the mud sitting duck!

Latest posts

Back