In great nead of McCulloch help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woundedgoat

Reaction score
I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could help me with finding parts for my McCulloch chainsaw. I bought a eager beaver EB 428 42cc 18" chainsaw from Menards about 5 or 6 years ago. A couple years ago I was trimming some trees on our hunting land and the plastic notches on the inside of the starter housing assembly broke and I have scoured the internet multiple times but cant find anywhere I can order the part from. Its been a darn good saw but I cant seem to find another starter assembly anywhere! I have called places with no return calls. Am I just out of luck? Thanks Woundedgoat

Though not a real McCulloch saw (that vintage would be made in Taiwan) that is a fairly modern saw and parts should be readily available. Chances are no one stocks them since few people would bother to repair one of those saws. You may have better luck searching e-bay for a parts saw, or see if you can find a parts list (IPL) for your saw and start asking around by part number, more likely someone will find them that way.

Mark

I worked on a Mac eager beaver and it seems to me it had many many clones badged my other "manufacturers". I cant recall the the manufacturers name, but I know it had the original spark plug in it with the same name.

Mac starter parts

I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could help me with finding parts for my McCulloch chainsaw. I bought a eager beaver EB 428 42cc 18" chainsaw from Menards about 5 or 6 years ago. A couple years ago I was trimming some trees on our hunting land and the plastic notches on the inside of the starter housing assembly broke and I have scoured the internet multiple times but cant find anywhere I can order the part from. Its been a darn good saw but I cant seem to find another starter assembly anywhere! I have called places with no return calls. Am I just out of luck? Thanks Woundedgoat

Post or send me a photo of your saw, I should have the part you need.
4000fixed:clap:

I've had a lot of success repairing plastic bits and bobs using epoxy, carbon fibre and quick steel, QS is the one for your application, depending on size of the teeth drill a location hole or holes 5 or 6 mm in each tooth clean with isopropanol
mix QS and push some in to each tooth wrap cling film around then form each tooth shape with tool or your finger nail, if you make each one oversize you can machine off after with a die grinder if you like or just finish hight but you need to get the shape right first time with that one.

I use the carbon fibre and super glue to repair plastic handles and triggers
just wrap around and glue and if you need a smooth finish use epoxy and cling film looks like new, you can add neat oil paint to epoxy to get any colour match if required.

Worth a try???

Last edited:
I have some recoils for an eager beaver out of a box of parts I bought, I could get you those if you need

Back